Too Excited!

Swampfrog

Featured Posts

Just needed to say....our new boat "Swamp Frogs" should be ready early February.

We designed every detail ourselves and she is looking lovely. Hubby retires on 4th March (after 34 years at the same company).....boat in the water mid February....move aboard....sort out any snags....get to know our new home....then party on the 30th March...everyone stays overnight...breakfast on 31st then off we go! Continuously cruising the beautiful canals.....how great is that? Just wanted to share it with you all...see you out there x

Here she is

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.375045755912985.91239.128381970579366&type=1

Edited by Swampfrog

Just needed to say....our new boat "Swamp Frogs" should be ready early February.

We designed every detail ourselves and she is looking lovely. Hubby retires on 4th March (after 34 years at the same company).....boat in the water mid February....move aboard....sort out any snags....get to know our new home....then party on the 30th March...everyone stays overnight...breakfast on 31st then off we go! Continuously cruising the beautiful canals.....how great is that? Just wanted to share it with you all...see you out there x

welcome - you will have a great time.......

Tyler Wilson shell, you won't go far wrong. And Milburn Boats completing the fit-out a month EARLY is almost unheard of! Well done.

Interesting boat name; are you both French, or perhaps Louisiana cajuns?

Tee Hee Snigger....had to look up Louisiana Cajuns! But, alas, no we are not....Jack Duckworth from Coronation Street called his wife Vera "My little Swamp Duck"......my hubby thought it would be funny to refer to me in the same endearing way.....Not being very impressed but trying to be very quick I replied "I love you too my little Swamp Frog" and now it seems very apt. I wonder if we should declare ourselves Louisiana Cajuns? Might even develop our own dialect? Told you I looked it up!

Yes Tyler Wilsons are highly thought of....as are Milburn Boats...they have been truly amazing, patient, honest, enabling and just all round lovely people and they continually help us to achieve our dream boat.

Thanks for the good wishes x

Congrats :)

If you're having a custom boat built, have you considered fitting some solar panels before she goes on the water. They might be able to route the wires etc in the existing wire trunking.....easier than trying to fit it all later.

Just a thought. Always helps for CC-ing to have solar.

Hi DeanS,

Yes, we are having solar panels integrated into the lid of our top box which can be angled if need be....thanks for the comment though.....any other thoughts or comments most welcome especially about items you wouldn't be without? Ta muchly x

Thanks Tuscan and Steff for your good wishes. Thanks IainW, It really is just how we imagined it....so so lovely....I love touching the woodwork...makes me feel good.

Thanks Water Rat....are we related do you think? I'm so glad to have this site to share my enthusiasm with like minded people x

Tee Hee Snigger....had to look up Louisiana Cajuns! But, alas, no we are not....Jack Duckworth from Coronation Street called his wife Vera "My little Swamp Duck"......my hubby thought it would be funny to refer to me in the same endearing way.....Not being very impressed but trying to be very quick I replied "I love you too my little Swamp Frog" and now it seems very apt. I wonder if we should declare ourselves Louisiana Cajuns? Might even develop our own dialect? Told you I looked it up!

Thanks for the explanation, cher (Cajun for "mate").

Most cajuns are of French descent (they arrived in Louisiana via Canada, where they had colonised one area and called it "Arcadia", hence they were Arcadians which became shortened to Cajuns). One of their regional musical styles, besides cajun (played largely on fiddles and accordions) and zydeco (similar music but played mainly by black people) is known as Swamp Pop, so Swamp Frogs sounds to these ears like a group of Louisiana musicians!

Hi Swamp Frog, great name but you do realise that after explaining it to everyone you meet on a daily basis you'll begin to wish you had called it "Kingfisher" I know as our boat is called "Rubble Queen"

And I find it incredible leaving sunny Southampton for a life on the canals - unfortunately I only got as far as Fair Oak. (No the RQ isn't on the Itchen :rolleyes:

Good luck and hope it all goes well- the boat looks great.

Ps if you are from Shirley area you will already have a Cajun like accent :closedeyes:

Thanks Cher.....the name is even more apt then since my husband is a fiddler plays the fiddle.

Rubble Queen....oh my goodness...realization hits...must drive you nuts? We still have time to change it I suppose?

When we first started looking for a builder I thought it was funny to tell everyone that we were calling our boat "The Swingers"......noone would wave and say good morning would they?One couple that we met and had lunch with have not responded to any emails or texts as a result.......hey if that upset them then :rolleyes: twas only a joke!

Our last one was called Batto. People who knew some French understood, the rest still looked a bit baffled even after I had explained it to them. Our current one is Trojan, which is a bit easier to understand. If we ever have another one built I guess it will be called Quatrieme, which will start those questions coming all over again! (No, not just "Why have you missed the accent off the e?")

Our last one was called Batto. People who knew some French understood, the rest still looked a bit baffled even after I had explained it to them. Our current one is Trojan, which is a bit easier to understand. If we ever have another one built I guess it will be called Quatrieme, which will start those questions coming all over again! (No, not just "Why have you missed the accent off the e?")

I like your Batto name, if I ever have another boat, I may have a French name for her too, but one that's very cheap to paint as it will only be 2 letters, I'll call her "Bo" (easier than beau).

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

congrates. we know how excited you must be having just got our boat but with the ice and floods not had a great chance to cruise the cut

Our plan is also to live aboard in the summer months next year and cruise the canals when I retire

we are on the south Grand union if your coming down we will look out for you

Rog and Mo

congrates. we know how excited you must be having just got our boat but with the ice and floods not had a great chance to cruise the cut

Our plan is also to live aboard in the summer months next year and cruise the canals when I retire

we are on the south Grand union if your coming down we will look out for you

Rog and Mo

We will definitely see you on the Grand Union as we'll be staying around there till after the Crick show....then slowly moving north.

We'll look out for you both.

Rob and Suzie

• 3 weeks later...

We will definitely see you on the Grand Union as we'll be staying around there till after the Crick show....then slowly moving north.

We'll look out for you both.

Rob and Suzie

Congrats guys, we might see you when you venture northwards - look out for the wide beam 'Stand Down'.....that's if I manage to complete the fit out this coming summer :captain: