One year narrowboat rental wanted.

GlenBlk

Featured Posts

I thought adverts in the general area were not allowed?

I thought adverts in the general area were not allowed?

Apologies if we have offended anyone! having seen the post left on this site by longstanding member WJM on 10th Oct re: butty for rent £100 per week??????? I thought it would be in order to leave our details. We are not looking to profit by lending our boat to responsible people just to cover our expenses and let someone else have the pleasure of using her whilst we cant.

They're either dense, or couldn't give a flying fox for the forum rules ..............

....or, just maybe, they are actually answering theat long-ago first post which started the thread. Surely, such offers are exactly what the OP is looking for.

Edited by Athy

....or, just maybe, they are actually answering theat long-ago first post which started the thread. Surely, such offers are exactly what the OP is looking for.

Of course - - however, as a Mod had removed a previous post of effynfairy's, (which said exactly the same thing IIRC, - and had asked them not to 'place their advert in that way) - I feel my recent observation was completely valid

Apologies if we have offended anyone! having seen the post left on this site by longstanding member WJM on 10th Oct re: butty for rent £100 per week??????? I thought it would be in order to leave our details. We are not looking to profit by lending our boat to responsible people just to cover our expenses and let someone else have the pleasure of using her whilst we cant.

I quite understand why you made the mistake. The post by WJM should have been removed but no one reported the post and we cannot possibly read everything so it was missed.

Could you find it an click of the report post link on the bottom LHS of the posting.

TIA

Nick

I quite understand why you made the mistake. The post by WJM should have been removed but no one reported the post and we cannot possibly read everything so it was missed.

Could you find it an click of the report post link on the bottom LHS of the posting.

TIA

Nick

I seriously doubt after just 2 posts that effynfairy has mastered the 'dark art' that is the forum search facility ...... I still struggle after 13K+ :lol:

anyway...

Post #14

I seriously doubt after just 2 posts that effynfairy has mastered the 'dark art' that is the forum search facility ...... I still struggle after 13K+ :lol:

anyway...

Post #14

I would now expect C&RT to call the owner to discuss their new commercial licence. BW have done this in the past to forum members

Richard

anyway...

Post #14

Merci. Sorted.

N

TIA

Nick

I should have added a rider to my post - I have absolutely nothing to do with ETRR, nothing! No interest, commercially or socially, never met them, never dealt with them. I just remembered their name when I read the original post and thought I would pass on the name. I would hope that is within the remit of the forum.

Interesting twist on the legal perspective of "hiring" if you go through ETRR.

Looks like the "renter" buys a share of your boat so you become joint owners - the renter is then not renting it from you, they own it (minor share), and then give the share back to you at the end of the "rental" period.

Wonder what the insurance company and BW licence make of that then!

Wonder what the insurance company and BW licence make of that then!

Well, it's not like insurance companies look for any excuse not to pay out is it?

To me, the biggest issue is still one of whether the insurance holds up. Not for the property but the third party risk. Would you lend an expensive car to someone for a year knowing that you and they had no insurance? Sure it's fine if nothing goes wrong, but do you want to take that risk?

And what if they killed themselves through say CO poisoning? I suspect you would be guilty of manslaughter if the boat wasn't up to full hiring spec, even if you had tried a part ownership fiddle but that would be for the courts to decide.

Edited by dor