Another .mobile broadband solution.

Roger Gunkel

Featured Posts

I believe you are correct, on the phone you can use as much data as you want, and when tethered you can use the tethering allowance. The Price Guide (page 5) shows that £5 will give you 1GB tethering allowance.

Which is half the amount I was told today (2g) - they don't half make it complicated and bluddy hard work don't they?

Edited by The Dog House

they don't half make it complicated and bluddy hard work don't they?

Deliberate policy IMO, takes punters eye off the ball while they sign you up.

ETA: Though I managed to wangle a good mobile broadband contract out of 3 I wouldn't dream of signing up to another with them or anyone else, it's Giffgaff for me, no contracts, cheap PAYG and unlimited data for £10 per month, admittedly no tethering allowed but at least it's not ambiguous.

Edited by nb Innisfree

Doesn't say what you get exactly, does £5 credit mean it lasts for 12 months or until data is used up? how much data?

12 months free internet sounds far too good to be true.

It has a fair usage limit of 500Mb per month.

and you have to send a text or make a call every 3 months to keep it active.

I believe you are correct, on the phone you can use as much data as you want, and when tethered you can use the tethering allowance. The Price Guide (page 5) shows that £5 will give you 1GB tethering allowance.

Good luck with that, but I found it was very poor and sent it back. I now use a TP-LINK TL-MR3020 which I find much better, and it was cheaper too rolleyes.gif

Hi John

You're right, damned think won't work here just shows weak signal which is what we have, the dongle works fine cable tethered to he laptop but put the dongle in the Go Baby and it won't transmit the weak signal wirelessly, so like yours it's going back Baby laugh.gif

What a bloody waste of time though. I'll take a look at the product you've mentioned cheers.gif

This mobile comms/data stuff just whoooshes right over my head, but, in a while I think I shall have the need of an Ipad or other tablet, so could I ask of the knowledgeable folk herein what they think of the data SIMs deal offered by my ISP A&A. I believe the operate on the 3 net.

http://aaisp.net.uk/telecoms-mobile-data.html

thankee kindly.

This mobile comms/data stuff just whoooshes right over my head, but, in a while I think I shall have the need of an Ipad or other tablet, so could I ask of the knowledgeable folk herein what they think of the data SIMs deal offered by my ISP A&A. I believe the operate on the 3 net.

http://aaisp.net.uk/telecoms-mobile-data.html

thankee kindly.

It's pricey if you use a fair amount of data, for instance we pay £8 PCM for 5gb of data with the three network, if I paid 2p per MB that would be £100! Ok I have a deal that's no longer available for new customers but I believe they do 15gb for about £16 PCM (might have gone up recently) but that is still only 0.1p per MB. With A&A that would be £300!! + £2 rental of course which is the only cheap part of the deal. Broadband sims on three network are available on eBay for about £12 they are preloaded with 3 gb and last 90 days. Still only 0.4p per MB. As soon as it runs out oor 90 days expires just junk it and buy another