IWA Calls For Action On 'Continuous Moorers'

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

No, my computer usually has no trouble with PDF files, it's just one of those things that I'll probably never understand.

It's a pitty that I can't see it, but it won't keep me awake.

Peter.

blogger-image--1545814927.jpg

Try that, Peter. Having to do everything via my phone at the moment, so it's a bit awkward. :wacko:

ETA:- finally managed to get the url of the photo (Peter, I know you've seen it now, but I wanted to figure it out for future reference - it became a mission! :) )

Edited by cl@rkey

Just make sure you look after your hamster

Some people say that it's a rat ;)

Peter.

My link

Try that, Peter. Having to do everything via my phone at the moment, so it's a bit awkward. :wacko:

cl@rkey, I really do appreciate your efforts, and even more so as you have to do it from your phone, but don't waist your time on me.

This is what showed up when I tried that : My link

So no luck either, but thanks anyway,

Peter.

try putting it in yourself (might make a difference) https://www.waterways.org.uk/downloads/bwhotspots2012

I've tried this too, without luck, it's just another mistery to me, I'm getting used to that, so don't worry about me, I will survive (I hope).

Peter.

is it me or does that map make gno sense? Take the blue, 1 to 2.5 boats, wot per metre? mile? yard? AU? Light Year? leap year? wot?

at the bottom it says,

Approximate average daily densities of continuous cruisers which appear to have moved less than 5km between november 2011 and april 2012 ( all are subject to enforcement monitoring ) so i guess it's the amount of boats in that area.

I witnessed two boats being seized by CRT in Uxbridge this morning. I won't go into detail, but I know both of them. I must say, it was difficult watching someone's home being taken, rightly or wrongly. I wish we could all work together and come up with something we could all agree on.

just so you know what they went through before seizing the boats, it is a long process My link

blogger-image--1545814927.jpg

ETA:- finally managed to get the url of the photo (Peter, I know you've seen it now, but I wanted to figure it out for future reference - it became a mission! :) )

Thank you very much cl@rkey, I really do appreciate your finally successful efforts, and think that you're a clever guy.

Peter.

is a boat under a section 8 notice when towed away by CRT their legal property or can i legally seize it myself, licence it and look for the owner, if one exists ?

No i'm not a Somali, just clearing things up.

not sure if you can seize it but i know BW used to sell them off after a period of time if all dues wasn't paid.

not sure if you can seize it but i know BW used to sell them off after a period of time if all dues wasn't paid.

No they didn't.

The boat remains the property of the owner and CRT have no right to impound, destroy or sell it unless they cannot locate the owner or the owner relinquishes ownership to them.

for those who are worried or wish to know the procedures that BW/C&RT use againt continuous moorers i have found this My link its a long drawn out state of affairs.

I read the information in your link and the BW process. In my opinion it would be difficult for the identified boat owner to argue against the process on the basis it was unreasonable or they were not aware of their license obligations. Where the process could fail is if it wasn't followed by BW or they failed to adequately record their own actions. However there is a checklist so that shouldn't occur.

This is completely meaningless as it is during the winter closure period.

And a water shortage.

Waste of money yet again. I will also add that BW-CRT were asking everyone to save water by sharing locks and not moving just for the sake of it. Meanwhile, in Ivory Towers, they were secretly developing this map, whilst they had us all sat still !! Yes, very clever......... not

Edited by jenlyn

A question - I dont know the answer.

Would BW / CaRT have deducted the numbers from the survey for those who had taken a 'winter mooring' and thus had a 'home mooring' for this period with no requirement to actually move ?

The chart is worth absolutely zilch for the reasons posted above, plus, the guy who does the boat checking in the south does not always record the boats when he cycles past. I noted him logging me whilst I was moving, checked with CRT, to make sure they were noting that I was moving. However, I also noted that he had not logged all the boats on the towpath there. This happens quite often, so the chart is useless.

A question - I dont know the answer.

Would BW / CaRT have deducted the numbers from the survey for those who had taken a 'winter mooring' and thus had a 'home mooring' for this period with no requirement to actually move ?

I doubt it...........a few years ago I was accused of overstaying by local Mooring Officer even though I had taken a Winter Mooring for 2 months over Christmas