IWA Calls For Action On 'Continuous Moorers'

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

You may want to do some research on what the politicians are up to, what the connection between prince charles and jimmy savile and margret thatcher and jimmy savile are then you may begin to see some home truths and get some idea of why things are really the way they are. Remember, most people are followers and who will they follow and who will they take their example from? I think all of us need to get a reality check and start looking toward those who are the real problem here. Is this off topic? oh yeah.. the iwa likes boating providing its done only their way.

Pray do tell

I know some people will not count the BBC as suitable evidence but a very quick google produced the following quote from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16643677

<QUOTE>

• As of February 2011, there were 5.5m people receiving working-age benefits. Some 371,000 of those were foreign nationals when they first came to the UK, representing 6.4% of the claimants.
  • Almost 17% of all British nationals receive these benefits compared with almost 7% of all those classed as non-UK nationals when they first arrived in the UK.
  • More than half of those receiving a benefit had in fact at some point become British citizens, meaning they had the same rights as people born British.
  • </QUOTE>
Thanks for that.

What a patronising post. What is this forum if not somewhere people can express their opinions?

My take is that there must have been something in Dew's post that you recognised in yourself otherwise why would you bother to post critically about his words and not the IWA's (on this forum)?

You do recognise that there are better ways to express opinion other than here though? That is what I was trying to say with no patronising intentions.

Not sure what other "special interest" forums you use. My others are Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club (currently restoring a vintage bike that my father crashed in Rome in 1956 ) and a few football forums. They are just the same as here. Massive amounts of penis length comparing over nothing in particular with the common theme that people are always looking for an argument. I bet if you found a forum about basket weaving hosted by the WI, they would be arguing with one another.

The difference, from where I sit, as an easy going moderate, is this issue in this thread is also potentially a lifestyle changing significant social reform issue. It will potentially have a huge impact to people’s lifestyles for ever.

So, my point...There will always be the polarised voter, there will always be the polarised boater. In the continuous cruising community, there are people who would not play the game pretty much if their lifestyle depended on it. They will never recognise the authority of CaRT and the rules and regulations they wish to enforce. Likewise, there are boaters who refuse, and always will, to listen to or even entertain the lifestyle of "others" (that word again) if they are not complying with the rule book.

From the folk I meet out on the cut, including a couple of continuous cruisers who I consider friends who have hardly moved their boats in the 6-7 years i have owned one, I would suggest most boaters sit somewhere in the middle. They will sign the petitions against ludicrous mooring proposals, they will defend the lifestyle choices of others, and they will enjoy the colourful nature of the waterway.

Unfortunately, and Dew, I get the tongue in cheek nature of the post however, I could point 12 boats out to you now in our marina who are probably in the fence sitting middle ground who would read your post and think, "F*** em" and back the IWA no matter what.

That is one of the reasons Chris that I prefer direct face to face interaction. There is too much lost between the typing fingers and the interpretation in someone’s head 200 miles away. If I did not comment on the thread earlier, guess what, I had not read it. I knew what the content would be and yes Dews post did hit a nerve but perhaps for reasons you may struggle with. I am in support and thought the post an "own goal".

I will support continuous cruisers, I don't mind overstayer’s at all (as long as it is not the visitor moorings again at Nantwich and my aged ma is on the boat with me)...

I can't and don't want to add any more but hope it gives some food for thought.

Nor for that matter, the grooming of young girls as sex slaves. Something that was allowed to prevail for fear of upsetting the ethnic minorities. Now if any of you wooly headed liberals care to condone those vile activities, along with honour killings, please come forward and offer your response on the rear of a postage stamp.

If you got your nose out of the gutter press you would realise that racial stereotyping of the grooming of young girls and boys is thought to be obscuring the real dangers of gangs of good ol' English buoys doing the same thing.

I refer you (on a postage stamp) to today's report on the BBC Today programme.

But I am sure you prefer to stay in the grubby mire of your prejudice, thus negating your original post today which had a veneer of reasonable thought.

• Greenie 1

If you got your nose out of the gutter press you would realise that racial stereotyping of the grooming of young girls and boys is thought to be obscuring the real dangers of gangs of good ol' English buoys doing the same thing.

But I am sure you prefer to stay in the grubby mire of your prejudice, thus negating your original post today which had a veneer of reasonable thought.

Well said. I was talking yesterday to another boater at our Continuous Cruiser meeting about why it is that CCer get the blame for all thart is wrong on the canals. I suggested that it is like blaming immigrants for all that is wrong, people have a fear of minority groups so the best way to counter that fear is blame them for all that is wrong. Grooming of children has been going on in this country for centuries Oh I am an immigrant and have photographed a lot of gravestones in my time so certainly fall into the immigrant with "a real nasty habit" category . Edited by cotswoldsman

I'm with Tuscan, come on Dew spill the beans, what's the real agenda. Prince Charles, Margaret Thatcher & Jimmy Saville what's the common link, are they all boat owners who hate CM'ers or do the photograph graves, or is it worst?

Pray do tell

Edited by kevinl

Well said Chris, I did hear the BBC item this morning and was glad to hear it.

Having said that, I have struggled all my adult life not to be prejudiced, being brought up in a family that was.

I do believe that there are cases where an excessively careful touch has been used where ethnicity could be an issue.

As to the original point of this whole discussion the answer to my mind is simply enforce the present rules. Draconian new rules, not enforced are just as bad. An unenforceable law is a bad law.

It is from my experience that I make and have made comment regarding these issues.

I was brought up for the first ten years of my life in a city renowned for scroungers and i witnessed that first hand too. I have since travelled widely throughout the uk and witnessed it there also. But never have i witnessed the prevalence to defraud not only the people who offered the hand of help to these folk, but their own nationalities too!

Nor for that matter, the grooming of young girls as sex slaves. Something that was allowed to prevail for fear of upsetting the ethnic minorities. Now if any of you wooly headed liberals care to condone those vile activities, along with honour killings, please come forward and offer your response on the rear of a postage stamp.

incidentally, I am yet to encounter a native of this country photographing grave stones in the cemetary where my father is buried, whereas on several occasions when visiting his grave, I have come across this evil practise by others. In mitigation, do you think that they have a 'grave spotting' hobby?

Yes, we have far too many English criminals residing here in the uk. All the more reason to prevent the importation of those from other lands.

I don't get why you think anyone is condoning these activities when,in fact, us "wooly headed liberals" are actually going further than you by condemning everybody who commits these crimes rather than singling out foreign nationals.

It would appear to be you who is condoning the crimes committed by Brits because you only ever mention them when challenged.

So you have never experienced UK nationals committing the crimes you describe?

Paedophilia is something that occurs throughout the world and is committed by UK nationals as well as foreigners.

I understand Mr Saville and most of his pals so far named were UK nationals allowed access to young people in hospitals, schools, prisons and children's homes and, from personal statements released, deliberate grooming was widespread.

I liken honour killings to the largely western white male practice of "Familicide" or family annihilation.

As to photographing graves then yes this is a common practice for illegal immigrants trying to get a passport but also is very common for fraudsters to do for the simple, international crime of acquiring money illegally.

I'm with Tuscan, come on Dew spill the beans, what's the real agenda. Prince Charles, Margaret Thatcher & Jimmy Saville what's the common link, are they all boat owners who hate CM'ers or do the photograph graves, or is it worst?

Prince Charles's ex has, possibly, the most photographed grave in the world.

Jimmy Saville's grave was removed because of the attention it attracted.

Margaret Thatcher's grave is to be covered in polished mahogany parquet flooring with a glitter ball dangling over it.

Edited by carlt

You may want to do some research on what the politicians are up to, what the connection between prince charles and jimmy savile and margret thatcher and jimmy savile are then you may begin to see some home truths and get some idea of why things are really the way they are. Remember, most people are followers and who will they follow and who will they take their example from? I think all of us need to get a reality check and start looking toward those who are the real problem here. Is this off topic? oh yeah.. the iwa likes boating providing its done only their way.

My thoughts on polticians, the Royals and the likes of Jimmy Saville and his merry men it seems, are similar to yours. I've never trusted any of them!

I don't get why you think anyone is condoning these activities when,in fact, us "wooly headed liberals" are actually going further than you by condemning everybody who commits these crimes rather than singling out foreign nationals.

It would appear to be you who is condoning the crimes committed by Brits because you only ever mention them when challenged.

So you have never experienced UK nationals committing the crimes you describe?

Paedophilia is something that occurs throughout the world and is committed by UK nationals as well as foreigners.

I understand Mr Saville and most of his pals so far named were UK nationals allowed access to young people in hospitals, schools, prisons and children's homes and, from personal statements released, deliberate grooming was widespread.

I liken honour killings to the largely western white male practice of "Familicide" or family annihilation.

As to photographing graves then yes this is a common practice for illegal immigrants trying to get a passport but also is very common for fraudsters to do for the simple, international crime of acquiring money illegally.

The next thing that you'll be telling me is that the 9/11 and 7/7 atrocities were acts of goodwill.

Gutter press?

How could any reasonably intelligent person believe all that's written in a media system governed by the likes of Murdoch?

As I've fruitlessly stated previously, my comments eminate from real events by real people, not imaginary thoughts or prejudices. During this time, I was dealing equally with people native to this country as well as people whom were not. Therefore, if your theory were to be true, I would have experienced similar dispicible acts, in a similar ratio, come what may.

But in reality and no matter how difficult it is to accept, the disparity amongst the two groups was truly evident. I can only imagine that either I was incredibly unlucky in meeting this core group of a minority of people, or, you and the other blinkered amongst you, have led a very quiet life that has been distanced from reality.

Can you please explain that why, if a problem doesn't exist in this country, are the likes of Nigel Farage with his extreme views on immigration increasingly gaining votes. Is it purely based upon his engaging personality?

Edited by Doorman
  • Greenie 1

As I've fruitlessly stated previously, my comments eminate from real events by real people, not imaginary thoughts or prejudices. During this time, I was dealing equally with people native to this country as well as people whom were not. Therefore, if your theory were to be true, I would have experienced similar dispicible acts, in a similar ratio, come what may.

Have you had counselling for your first hand knowledge of grooming young girls as sex slaves?

(I'm sorry but your use of that term revealed what kind of media you subscribe to, the gutter press)

Edited by Chris Pink

The next thing that you'll be telling me is that the 9/11 and 7/7 atrocities were acts of goodwill.

No, neither were Bhopal, Bloody Sunday, The illegal invasion of Iraq, The Mao Lai Massacre, Operation Noble Anvil or the 12 to 30 million Indian deaths due to famine caused by Lord Lytton.

Presumably as I refuse to single out the two atrocities you mention, from any others, you will say I condone them?

No, neither were Bhopal, Bloody Sunday, The illegal invasion of Iraq, The Mao Lai Massacre, Operation Noble Anvil or the 12 to 30 million Indian deaths due to famine caused by Lord Lytton.

Presumably as I refuse to single out the two atrocities you mention, from any others, you will say I condone them?

But i think you will find that they were all the fault of Thatcher osomewhere along the line ....fatigue.gif

• Greenie 1

Have you had counselling for your first hand knowledge of grooming young girls as sex slaves?

(I'm sorry but your use of that term revealed what kind of media you subscribe to, the gutter press)

Sorry Chris, but you are way off the mark on both counts and quite frankly, I expected better of you to try and suggest what you said in your first line.

Gutter response if ever there was one!

What neither you or Chris Pink for that matter seem to appreciate, is that I am playing you both at your own game. Remember, it was Chris who first broached the subject and not me!

Edited by Doorman

I wasn't insinuating you were involved in the grooming of girls (or anyone else) and I apologise if that's what you read in my words

I was referring to your statement "my comments eminate from real events by real people" coming, as it did, hot on the heels of your statement that ethnic groups were predominately responsible for such crimes.

I wasn't insinuating you were involved in the grooming of girls (or anyone else) and I apologise if that's what you read in my words

I was referring to your statement "my comments eminate from real events by real people" coming, as it did, hot on the heels of your statement that ethnic groups were predominately responsible for such crimes.

Not to worry,

it's forgotten about now.

I said you may want to research the links. I wouldn't want to be one to spread rumours. Type it in google.

I said you may want to research the links. I wouldn't want to be one to spread rumours. Type it in google.

Had to laugh at the comment reputed to have been said by Saville to Thatcher about what he intended to do to the 'minors'.

Tongue in cheek comes to mind.

Edited by Doorman

Whoa - some thread; and now Dew brings out the love.

Or rather the 'you're shit and you know you are, but I love everyone so have some of my love and you could learn to be loving like me..........' Just as divisive as the twopennyworth from the other side.

I was living on my boat in the 1980s in a different kind of austerity and there was the same divisiveness, the same real predjudice against people living any lifestyle that was slightly different.

Because when times get tough special interest groups see their opportunity to drive wedges and gain material advantage. It doesn't matter what the issues are really, the IWA is using a moment when BW became part of a political project and the resulting C&RT is skint and is vulnerable to pressure, to push their case, the case of the holidaymaker.

Those special interest groups ALWAYS go for the most vulnerable, the easiest to pick on because that's how to get results. And once you've got a result your power increases. So invent a term of abuse 'continuous moorers,' and then 'sort them out' and after that, well......... let's end all mooring on the cut and everybody has to go from marina to marina in daylight hours, yes sure let's outsource enforcement 'because people like me will have nothing to fear' until there are fines for a messy roof and worn paintwork 'not in keeping with the standards of the waterways.' Oh and maybe the canals should be shut between October and April for 'essential maintenance.'

And the only way to fight this is.......... together. So you northern types with all your space and strong opinions are lucky, and I enjoy those opinions, but here in the heart of East London things are different, very very crowded - but they're still civilised and life on the water is still enjoyable. Sometimes I don't know how we do it there's such extreme pressure on the facilities but we do.

We all have more in common than we don't.

I'd love this whole thread to have been face to face - some party.

I agree with Ally. I think that there needs to be some middle ground, as when the waterways act was made, there were very few live aboard boaters compared to now. I think they cobbled together an afterthought for the emerging boaters who wanted to cruise the waterways back in the nineties. The act is out of date and is so vague. There is no definative distance one has to travel and is open to interpretation on both sides. I think residential boaters needs should be recognised and anyone with genuine requirements of staying within a particular area should be addressed. As an aside, I have no idea about distances in kilometers, all our road signs and canal signs are in miles!!

Edited by Nyx

Whoa - some thread; and now Dew brings out the love.

Or rather the 'you're shit and you know you are, but I love everyone so have some of my love and you could learn to be loving like me..........' Just as divisive as the twopennyworth from the other side.

I was living on my boat in the 1980s in a different kind of austerity and there was the same divisiveness, the same real predjudice against people living any lifestyle that was slightly different.

Because when times get tough special interest groups see their opportunity to drive wedges and gain material advantage. It doesn't matter what the issues are really, the IWA is using a moment when BW became part of a political project and the resulting C&RT is skint and is vulnerable to pressure, to push their case, the case of the holidaymaker.

Those special interest groups ALWAYS go for the most vulnerable, the easiest to pick on because that's how to get results. And once you've got a result your power increases. So invent a term of abuse 'continuous moorers,' and then 'sort them out' and after that, well......... let's end all mooring on the cut and everybody has to go from marina to marina in daylight hours, yes sure let's outsource enforcement 'because people like me will have nothing to fear' until there are fines for a messy roof and worn paintwork 'not in keeping with the standards of the waterways.' Oh and maybe the canals should be shut between October and April for 'essential maintenance.'

And the only way to fight this is.......... together. So you northern types with all your space and strong opinions are lucky, and I enjoy those opinions, but here in the heart of East London things are different, very very crowded - but they're still civilised and life on the water is still enjoyable. Sometimes I don't know how we do it there's such extreme pressure on the facilities but we do.

We all have more in common than we don't.

I'd love this whole thread to have been face to face - some party.

I love myself, I love my life and I love everything and everyone. I have no interest in you loving yourself, your life or anything else. It is an inconvenience to me when I am approached / accosted while going about my business. I travel alot, I don't fit the label of continuous moorer or continuous cruiser, nor do I stay in a marina in one place for more than a few weeks or trapped at a winter mooring for six months which I regretted after one month. I have overstayed at a mooring spot that was busy and I have overstayed at a mooring place that was deserted. I have also under-stayed at a mooring place that was busy and I have under-stayed at a mooring place that was deserted. I have been harassed only a few times. I have moored at official mooring places and unofficial mooring places. I left my winter mooring early. I have had fees attempted to be charged on me that were unfounded and I opposed them and they were dropped.

We have hospitals killing old people, we have doctors nipping the backs of necks of botched aborted babies, we have benefits being withdrawn from those who need it, some are dying because of it and some are just giving up. Our taxes are being used to bomb other peoples children, we have higher suicide rates since records began, we have police with new weapons to keep the people in line, we have a corporate 'hungry hippo' culture with regard to our money, we have culls of polar bears and badgers, dear, rabbits, insects. We have social services taking children from mothers because the mother is a bit slow and we have children left with obvious convicted violent criminals who then get murdered. We are being forced to drink drug laced water and being forced into a system which has never and can never work for everyone and if it does not work for everyone then it does not work at all. We have more people than ever parasiting off others and no, I am not talking about 'benefit scroungers' as our great leader likes to condemn them to be, I am talking about those who sit around with their huge expenses bills, talking shit they know nothing about other than from a few books they read about communism, fascism, capitalism, socialism or any other system of control of the masses for the benefit of the few. What is going on? What is really going on?

We have people who believe it is ok to discriminate and harass, cause alarm and distress to persecute and and low and behold, they are the same group of people who decide that same behaviour is illegal when it suits them.

I personally know a guy who was harassed at moorings. He had to live on £57 a week and he was ex. military. 43 years old, had terminal cancer, triple heart bypass a few months before he died, in the cold in his boat in Lincoln. I am not saying the guy who harassed him is in any way responsible for his death but I will say, the harassment and his pathetic state handout made his life miserable in his last few months of life dying 30 miles away from his chosen place to be, close to his girlfriends house. He was harassed from the moorings when there was plenty of other room for visiting boats.

So a message to the rule obsessed ladies and gentlemen reading this - whilst sitting at your meetings deciding on the fate of others, please try to bear in mind that there is a different set of circumstances for every person on earth today. If there are indeed 7 billion people on earth then you had better get your minds considering all those people before deciding and enforcing any rule because we all know too well how the universe is good at giving back what it is given to those who realise what they are doing and equally to those who don't.

• Greenie 3