Appeal - Chesterfield Canal

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

I can now confirm that thanks to the combined efforts of the breakfast contributors at Odana & Black Beauty's wedding recently there are a further 2 bricks in the wall!

Thank you to everyone who asked me to throw their "refund" into the pot you are all amazing! :cheers:

why not come an cruise the chesterfield on the john varley trip boat too.

every sunday , hourly trips starting at 12.

and you can buy bricks too

Hey Mike - I did not spot your post - that's what happens when you are at the bottom of a page - yes it's true anyone can head on over and book themselves a trip along our beautiful canal and enjoy themselves and it all helps!

Two bricks purchased by Team Iona.

Just realized I didn't do Gift Aid though :(

Is there any way of doing it retrospectively?

Hi Ange,

In your case there is a way to remedy this! We will be seeing you this weekend and there is a gift aid form on the leaflets we hand out so remind me to get you to fill one in and it can be applied retrospectively.

For anyone else - I am getting someone to send me an electronic copy of the form so if you want one then send me a PM with your email address and I can send it over to you.

Gift aid does make a huge difference to The Trust as it amounts to an additional 25% of what you are donating.

There is just another £175 to go to reach the half way point for the appeal. Can anyone please spare a donation today so we clear that half way hurdle?

The link is here:

Chesterfield Canal Trust

Edited by cheshire~rose

Hey Mike - I did not spot your post - that's what happens when you are at the bottom of a page - yes it's true anyone can head on over and book themselves a trip along our beautiful canal and enjoy themselves and it all helps!

Hi Ange,

In your case there is a way to remedy this! We will be seeing you this weekend and there is a gift aid form on the leaflets we hand out so remind me to get you to fill one in and it can be applied retrospectively.

For anyone else - I am getting someone to send me an electronic copy of the form so if you want one then send me a PM with your email address and I can send it over to you.

Gift aid does make a huge difference to The Trust as it amounts to an additional 25% of what you are donating.

There is just another £175 to go to reach the half way point for the appeal. Can anyone please spare a donation today so we clear that half way hurdle?

The link is here:

Chesterfield Canal Trust

i'll put myself in the middle of a page then.

trips are back to normal service this week after afew repairs to the boat.

if your lucky(unlucky) you might get me as skipper on your trip

Hi Ange,

if your lucky(unlucky) you might get me as skipper on your trip

Oooh Mike! - you do realise that means that all the members of the Mike31 Fan Club will be falling over themselves to book boat trips? I hope there are some places left for the general public but they will have to get in fast!

Trip boat John Varley is doing trip from Tapton Lock this Sunday and Our tripboat, Seth Ellis, will be doing trips this Sat, Sun, Mon from The Chequers Inn at Ranby. Ring 07925 851569 for bookings

I am hoping they update the thermometer on the website soon as I know generous forum members of the type that have ticked the "no publicity" box have been making further very generous donations

Thanks guys :wub: you are all amazing!

Oooh Mike! - you do realise that means that all the members of the Mike31 Fan Club will be falling over themselves to book boat trips? I hope there are some places left for the general public but they will have to get in fast!

Trip boat John Varley is doing trip from Tapton Lock this Sunday and Our tripboat, Seth Ellis, will be doing trips this Sat, Sun, Mon from The Chequers Inn at Ranby. Ring 07925 851569 for bookings

I am hoping they update the thermometer on the website soon as I know generous forum members of the type that have ticked the "no publicity" box have been making further very generous donations

Thanks guys :wub: you are all amazing!

i didnt realise i had such a big fan club.

can fan club members please only come in 12's as thats all were allowed to carry at once.

keep the bricks coming

Yes Mike - you DO have a fan club :)

You may need some "heavies" to keep them all in line at the weekend - I hope you have a lovely time :)

I have a link for the gift aid form:

Gift Aid Form

Anyone who wanted gift aid applying retrospectively can print that off, fill it in and post it (please add a note of what day you made your donation along with any reference numbers you might have been quoted if possible)

Anyone who prefers not to give online can also print off that form and send it with a cheque or postal order.

I really hope everyone has a wonderful bank holiday weekend, Enjoy yourselves wherever you are and whatever you are doing. If you can spare some money for a brick then The Trust would be so very grateful - here is the link again to save you scrolling back through to find it

Buy A Brick

Yes Mike - you DO have a fan club :)

You may need some "heavies" to keep them all in line at the weekend - I hope you have a lovely time :)

I have a link for the gift aid form:

Gift Aid Form

Anyone who wanted gift aid applying retrospectively can print that off, fill it in and post it (please add a note of what day you made your donation along with any reference numbers you might have been quoted if possible)

Anyone who prefers not to give online can also print off that form and send it with a cheque or postal order.

I really hope everyone has a wonderful bank holiday weekend, Enjoy yourselves wherever you are and whatever you are doing. If you can spare some money for a brick then The Trust would be so very grateful - here is the link again to save you scrolling back through to find it

Buy A Brick

We want to see an updated thermometer!!

We want to see an updated thermometer!!

Your wish is my command: http://bit.ly/f3ARNN

Past the halfway mark now, and a big round of thanks on behalf of all the Trustees to everyone here for your fantastic contributions so far. A special thankyou is due to cheshire-rose for mobilising you all as well!

cheers.gif

Your wish is my command: http://bit.ly/f3ARNN

Past the halfway mark now, and a big round of thanks on behalf of all the Trustees to everyone here for your fantastic contributions so far.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Fantastic news!

A special thankyou is due to cheshire-rose for mobilising you all as well!

cheers.gif

Doh! :blush:

What David does not realise if that most of the usual suspects on here would be far too afraid of me not to comply ;)

So who will be around tomorrow to fill me in on where all these bricks will be used? I will be passing so definitely worth a call in to see!

Steven,

I'm going to be down at Hollingwood tomorrow morning - I have a new phone extension to install on the Hollingwood PBX, so if you want to catch up with me down there, do so by all means. If you want to give me a call in the morning, my mobile number is 07973530987 (although there's limited coverage actually at Hollingwood). I'll willingly wander down to the Basin with you and show you around.

Ah. It won't be until after lunch. Thanks for the offer though.

give me a shout if your in the area. will have a walk down the basin, or get the dinghy out.

might even get the uboat out in the basin.

amazing how fast the total is going up. maybe we should gie them shovels an get the 8 miles dug.

Edited by mike31

so you bought it! You got it from Leeds quickly! :cheers:

I will certainly give you a shout later in the day! Thanks,

not that one, this uboat fits in the car lol.

had to take a forum members boat out today, so dinghy out tomo i think