Cambridge

Timx

Featured Posts

Hi,

Looking for reccomendations for boat hire going to Canbridge for Newmarket races in September, have hired b4 from Fox in middle level but would prefer somewhere nearer to cambribge, st ives way[,which is as far as we got last time] as the run down isnt very pretty from the mid levels.

cheers for any suggestions

If you want to get into Cambridge by boat, Ely is far closer than Huntingdon or St Ives, both of which will take you the best part of a day to reach Cambridge. Ely is also only 20 mins from Newmarket by road and has a direct rail link to Cambridge with moorings about five minutes walk from Ely station.

Roger

If you want to get into Cambridge by boat, Ely is far closer than Huntingdon or St Ives, both of which will take you the best part of a day to reach Cambridge. Ely is also only 20 mins from Newmarket by road and has a direct rail link to Cambridge with moorings about five minutes walk from Ely station.

Roger

Cheers, but I will get the boat out for a week, and only spend two nights in Cambridge so want to cruise up past st ives as the other part past ely is quite barren

I didn't reply earlier because the little gray cells aren't what they use to be. Today I have been past Bridge Boats in Ely and it took me exactly 45 minutes to get to Popes Corner where you join the Cam, this was in a Narrowboat, so in a cruiser it would only take half an hour. So if you hire from them you would only have an extra thirty minutes each way as if you hired at St Ives which no one seems able to help you with.

Edited by ditchcrawler