Victron Inverter

seadog42uk

Featured Posts

Should I take up the poor design with Vetus?

Mine is a Vetus and I had problems with the inverter. With the PC software this was the settings that made it settle down.

1.jpg

Its the weak AC input that needs to be ticked. I think it can be done on the dip switches too.

I have no idea what the graph is about but its a real time display. Gibbo???? Anyone????

Oh also I have changed the charge to 110amps now.

Edited by Biggles

The graph is a log of the charge current and voltage. The blue line is the charge current, the red line is the charge voltage. The spikes you see are the drop back into bulk charge for automatic desulfation/destratification.

The weak AC input setting will stop it being so fussy about the incoming shorepower/genny waveform and voltage.

The graph is a log of the charge current and voltage. The blue line is the charge current, the red line is the charge voltage. The spikes you see are the drop back into bulk charge for automatic desulfation/destratification.

The weak AC input setting will stop it being so fussy about the incoming shorepower/genny waveform and voltage.

Gibbo

Is there any disadvantage in setting up with the dip switches other than the fiddly aspect, is it just a question of finer adjustment available with a laptop?

Gibbo

Is there any disadvantage in setting up with the dip switches other than the fiddly aspect, is it just a question of finer adjustment available with a laptop?

The laptop gives tou more options that aren't there on the dip switches.

Yep I see how that working now.

The laptop gives tou more options that aren't there on the dip switches.

I agree. For £50 in the big scheme of things I think its worth it. Make sure you get the new one with the USB not the old one with the serial connection.

The software is free and does way more than us simple boat folk would use.

I agree. For £50 in the big scheme of things I think its worth it. Make sure you get the new one with the USB not the old one with the serial connection.

The software is free and does way more than us simple boat folk would use.

It is quite nifty. Being able to graph charge voltage and current comes in really handly to suss out charging problems. Plus all the other stuff it does. People pull their faces at figures like 50 quid for things like this because (for example) a memory stick costs a fiver. I hear phrases of "rip off" etc. Tell you what, you go and design one, see how long it takes you. It's really not fair on Victron . They're not comparing apples with apples. Victron might sell (if they're lucky) 10,000 of those. A memory stick manufacturer might sell 5,000,000 yet the development costs are about the same. Someone has to pay for the development. Ask Ford to build you a single car. Ask them to build you 10,000 of a new design. How much will that cost? Even if it's just a Focus, you can be sure it's going to cost 100 times more.

We have a Victron 24-3000-70 Multiplus and I thought there was a socket to plug a lappy in but when I last looked I couldn't see one, anybody have any info on this? Maybe I have to unplug summat else? Or perhaps we only have the dip switch option?

Double post edit

Edited by nb Innisfree

The graph is a log of the charge current and voltage.

Its not often I would ask you this but are you sure its a log & not just a picture?

I know on mine its just a representation of the charge settings chosen. Change the settings & the picture changes so it cant be a log (IE a record of what has happened).

We have a Victron 24-3000-70 Multiplus and I thought there was a socket to plug a lappy in but when I last looked I couldn't see one, anybody have any info on this? Maybe I have to unplug summat else? Or perhaps we only have the dip switch option?

Double post edit

Its inside the front cover.

Where exactly?

I will hunt for a picture of ours.

Yer tiz Can't see any sign of it

3576E07E-4EE6-4B23-BB4B-8FBB905BD251-29813-000042E36D2A0906.jpg

Mine has a 2nd RJ45 socket that is for the PC interface. The one you have I guess is for the remote panel. I can't photo mine ATM I have a bit of a problem which I will blog in due course so keep checking my blog. But I will tell you I've been a silly boy. :blush:

Anyway you may have to rely on the dip switches.

Its not often I would ask you this but are you sure its a log & not just a picture?

It's my photo from my blog. Have a look at the full blog post it will explain better what was happening at the time.

But IMO yes it is a log of what the inverter has stored over an unknown period.

Edited by Biggles

Mine has a 2nd RJ45 socket that is for the PC interface. The one you have I guess is for the remote panel. I can't photo mine ATM I have a bit of a problem which I will blog in due course so keep checking my blog. But I will tell you I've been a silly boy. :blush:

Anyway you may have to rely on the dip switches.

Ok

Will do,thanks.

Where exactly?

I will hunt for a picture of ours.

Yer tiz Can't see any sign of it

You seem to have a cable already plugged into it.

It's my photo from my blog. Have a look at the full blog post it will explain better what was happening at the time.

But IMO yes it is a log of what the inverter has stored over an unknown period.

Yours must be different to mine then.

Mine is def just a picture of what will happen with the settings chosen. Change the settings & the picture changes to show what the new settings will do. If the picture does change when the settings are changed it cant be a log of what has happened.

You seem to have a cable already plugged into it.

Yours must be different to mine then.

Mine is def just a picture of what will happen with the settings chosen. Change the settings & the picture changes to show what the new settings will do. If the picture does change when the settings are changed it cant be a log of what has happened.

Actually on rethinking it I think you are right. I did wonder how it logged it. I know the interface for the BMV keeps a real time log but that is about £100 so I decided it wasn't ally necessary. The BMV is very informative.

• 1 month later...

The RJ45 socket is where that blue cable is plugged in. My Remote Control is plugged in there. I just unplug the remote and put the cable end into the VE Net adaptor. The remote is only held in by 4 screws.

Regards

Pete

Probably a stupid question, but would it work if you used a rj splitter, and plugged in both the remote panel and the adaptor?

Also, I have no postal address. Is there anywhere I can walk in and by the adaptor?

Probably a stupid question, but would it work if you used a rj splitter, and plugged in both the remote panel and the adaptor?

Also, I have no postal address. Is there anywhere I can walk in and by the adaptor?

I got mine from Here I sure you can find someone to take delivery of it for you or delivered to a post office for collection

I'm not sure if you could use a splitter although it uses RJ45's I'm not sure it follows networking protocalls.

I would simply unplug the remote and plug it back in when you are done. I have used it this way on several other systems I have tweaked.

I think you're right. It's supposed to be a log.

I can now say it shows the new profile you are proposing to modify to or where it is now. When you alter a setting it changes to show what will happen if you upload the new settings.