Hmmmmm interesting i think

scrunch

Featured Posts

Bow is certainly not from an ice-breaker.

That bit looks like a bog standard BCN day boat to me - possibly the back of one, rather than the ftont, if it vwas not originally "bidirectional".

In which case that bit is unlikely to originally be steel as claimed - iron is more likely, in my view.

However, it looks to me that only the bow is "old boat", and not even the bottom bit of that.

I don't think it is just it has a motor back end conversion on an old hull - it looks like the hull sides are probably "modern" too.

Well to me, at least, there do not appear to be any rivets once you move backward from the "front end point bit".

at a buy it now price of £5,000 its worth it just for the resale value of the engine.

Is it, if condition is unknown ?

That bit looks like a bog standard BCN day boat to me - possibly the back of one, rather than the ftont, if it vwas not originally "bidirectional".

In which case that bit is unlikely to originally be steel as claimed - iron is more likely, in my view.

However, it looks to me that only the bow is "old boat", and not even the bottom bit of that.

I don't think it is just it has a motor back end conversion on an old hull - it looks like the hull sides are probably "modern" too.

Well to me, at least, there do not appear to be any rivets once you move backward from the "front end point bit".

Is it, if condition is unknown ?

of course not, it needs to be looked at and surveyed first.

Agreed. Definately the back end of a day boat. Probably the worst possible shape for ice breaking.

Bow is not 'cast' iron either.

I love Baltic an icebreaker narrowboat possibly my dream boat My link

Picture of Baltic prior to conversion in December 1971.

314thDec77.jpg

Bow is mainly riveted, with a stem as I have seen on another boat here on the K&A. For what riveted portion there is, the chine is not riveted, so unlikely that the bottom is. Still, at least those rivets that are there, are real rivets....

:captain: