Boating for singles

muddywaters

Featured Posts

I have always done my boating with Mrs muddywaters but as we are getting divorced obviously this won't be the case anymore.

So what options do I have for my annual boating holiday now.

I would prefer to avoid hotel boats if possible for 2 reasons.

1, I would like to do my share of the steering and lock working and 2, I have this mental image of hotel boats being full of much older people with me being the youngest (I'm 52)

So is there a club or organisation for like minded single people to hire a boat between them ?

Try joining a boat club where you might find other singles who have a boat and are looking for crew. A mate of mine gets several free boating holidays a year this way!

Sorry to hear about the divorce.

As to hotel boats - whist I understand none AFAIK will let you take the tiller as you already say, I believe most, if not all will let you at least help with the locks as you travel.

edited as I have just realised I don't think you have your own boat - but there are a small number of companies it seems who will hire to single handers.

Edited by MJG

I have always done my boating with Mrs muddywaters but as we are getting divorced obviously this won't be the case anymore.

So what options do I have for my annual boating holiday now.

I would prefer to avoid hotel boats if possible for 2 reasons.

1, I would like to do my share of the steering and lock working and 2, I have this mental image of hotel boats being full of much older people with me being the youngest (I'm 52)

So is there a club or organisation for like minded single people to hire a boat between them ?

There is a hotel-boat where you would be the only guest, and by what I understand of there web-site, they let you steer if you wanted it and also do, or help with the locks.

Maybe worth checking it out for yourself : My link

Peter.

I'm sure many hotel boats would allow supervised steering, but of course, unsupervised would require at the minimum a RYA Helmsman certificate - probably even for this 1 person hotel boat officially.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mr Muddywaters,

My wife and I are in our 30's and we run a hostel boat - our guests are generally young travellers interested in meeting like minded people. There are no specific age restrictions (although no children). If you don't mind sharing a dorm cabin then this could be a cost effective and fun and very sociable alternative for you? Its worth having a look in to. We would certainly encourage help with steering, locks, and even cooking if you so wish.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Mark

Sorry to hear about the divorce.

As to hotel boats - whist I understand none AFAIK will let you take the tiller as you already say, I believe most, if not all will let you at least help with the locks as you travel.

edited as I have just realised I don't think you have your own boat - but there are a small number of companies it seems who will hire to single handers.

Sorry ? May be it should be congratulations !I wish my wife would divorce me,Oh i would have such a great time, All i can say is your one lucky man, enjoy your freedom while it lasts. :cheers:

Sorry ? May be it should be congratulations !I wish my wife would divorce me,Oh i would have such a great time, All i can say is your one lucky man, enjoy your freedom while it lasts. :cheers:

Well if you really are that pissed off - you could always divorce her....or what am I missing?

I guess what keeps him going is the knowledge that she has to be more miserable than him. :cheers:

You remind me of Herpes alot, you never go away 100%, just like Herpes your always lingering about in the back ground :cheers: here is a link for you, you may find them helpfull in the future. http://www.swimbabes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_78

Edited by micky44

You remind me of Herpes alot, you never go away 100%, just like Herpes your always lingering about in the back ground :cheers: here is a link for you, you may find them helpfull in the future. http://www.swimbabes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_78

Why should I go away?...and I certainly don't think I linger in the background.

If someone offers the opportunity for a bit of humour then I'll take it.

I don't get the link, by the way. Your humour is just too refined for a simple country boy like me. ;)

Edited by carlt

Why should I go away?...and I certainly don't think I linger in the background.

If someone offers the opportunity for a bit of humour then I'll take it.

I don't get the link, by the way. Your humour is just too refined for a simple country boy like me. ;)

Ha Ha i think i quite like you now ! the link was in conection to me seeing how long you could hold your breath under water while being strangled,And i thought you may find the link of some importance! cant beleive you never saw the link ? i am surprissed. :cheers:

Edited by micky44

Ha Ha i think i quite like you now ! the link was in conection to me seeing how long you could hold your breath under water while being strangled, cant beleive you never saw the link ? i am surprissed. :cheers:

just what is this drivel?

Ha Ha i think i quite like you now ! the link was in conection to me seeing how long you could hold your breath under water while being strangled, cant beleive you never saw the link ? i am surprissed. :cheers:

Ah yes, I see now...I'm a bit slow on the uptake, this evening.

Well done! I am amused.

just what is this drivel?

I think the posts were removed so it may not be funny, unless you caught the row first time around.

Peacemaking in progress...do not disturb!

Ah yes, I see now...I'm a bit slow on the uptake, this evening.

Well done! I am amused.

I think the posts were removed so it may not be funny, unless you caught the row first time around.

Peacemaking in progress...do not disturb!

Still links to baby armbands though.. your call though

Its well above your level of humour, i should refrain now if i was you, prior to you having another senior moment,

Here we go....

you are not what would be described as a particularly helpful person on here are you Micky? more combative I would say

Edited by MJG

Still links to baby armbands though.. your call though

Here we go....

you are not what would be described on here as a particularly helpful person on here are you Micky? more combative I would say

You have missed it completely,i guess it can only be put down to , your quote, :senior moments: move along now and dont get involved in things that you can not comprehend .

You have missed it completely,i guess it can only be put down to , your quote, :senior moments: move along now and dont get involved in things that you can not comprehend .

You seem to be struggling with your punctuation...

You seem to be struggling with your punctuation...

Yes i must appoligise for my lack of the command of the English languauge. But then i would expect nothing more from you than to pick up on my punctuation, i do so hope you were able to understand the general jist of my posts, even if my punctuation was so terrible, seems such a petty thing to mention to me. I guess the older generaation were better educated.

Yes i must appoligise for my lack of the command of the English languauge. But then i would expect nothing more from you than to pick up on my punctuation, i do so hope you were able to understand the general jist of my posts, even if my punctuation was so terrible, seems such a petty thing to mention to me. I guess the older generaation were better educated.

just the last one ...

then ones before were fine....strange eh?

Edited by MJG

Bickering ? or Banter? its a fine line....

Wise advice? or pontificating? it's a fine line....

I often wonder why those who object to this very common internet behaviour don't steer the thread back on topic, rather than adding to the handbags by sticking their oar in....