Boating for singles

muddywaters

Featured Posts

Bickering ? or Banter? its a fine line . Thought i had stumbled upon an educational forum for the benefit of all. Hijacking a posters thread does no one any favours.

Well you did get some pretty educational and informative stuff in

this thread

and

this one also

the other stuff that sometimes occurs is just 'static' common to internet forums across all fields and subjects, often triggered by somebody saying something silly or provocative, if you filter it out you will be fine.

I would prefer to avoid hotel boats if possible for 2 reasons.

1, I would like to do my share of the steering and lock working and 2, I have this mental image of hotel boats being full of much older people with me being the youngest (I'm 52)

So is there a club or organisation for like minded single people to hire a boat between them ?

The week I spent on Snipe and Taurus the crew and guests were aged between 26 and 80, with with at least one person from every decade between....

pics_227.jpg

The lady who took the photo was mid 40's

The week I spent on Snipe and Taurus the crew and guests were aged between 26 and 80, with with at least one person from every decade between....

pics_227.jpg

The lady who took the photo was mid 40's

and the lady on the front right is the spit double of my (late) mother....really had to do a double take...

There is a hotel-boat where you would be the only guest, and by what I understand of there web-site, they let you steer if you wanted it and also do, or help with the locks.

Maybe worth checking it out for yourself : My link

Peter.

Reading this post again, and discovered that the link doesn't work anymore, so I will give it another try.

My link

Peter.

and the lady on the front right is the spit double of my (late) mother....really had to do a double take...

This lady was an American and aparently a regular hotel boater for many years, from Conneticut IIRC, as was the elderly gentleman on the left (a regular, not from USA). The lady taking the photo was Chinese. We all got on like a house on fire, the crew mixing with their guests, but knowing just when to leave us be. The week ranks amongst my most memorable weeks boating (and I'll have been boating 49 years at easter).

Thanks for all the in topic replys.

Hairy-Neils. Posts have convinced new of the merits of hotel boats.

And as I have wanted the chance to do some lock working for a change that would be it lol.

although boating is on hold for this year, had an offer of free accommodation in Australia all I need to find is the cost of the flight there and back.

Had the same offer for a holiday in Florida

Thanks for all the in topic replys.

Hairy-Neils. Posts have convinced new of the merits of hotel boats.

And as I have wanted the chance to do some lock working for a change that would be it lol.

although boating is on hold for this year, had an offer of free accommodation in Australia all I need to find is the cost of the flight there and back.

Had the same offer for a holiday in Florida

Opt for OZ . While i love the States too, Florida is not included in the Category!Flat as a billiard table and less interesting. Australia on the other hand is a Fabulous destination, You wont regret the trip ! And i live across ther ditch, so thats saying something.

• 1 month later...

Well looks like it will be the Florida option because some how she has become the new lady in my life.

Although she is keen on coming over here so even the original question of the thread might be off topic.