Insurance claim refused

mattysupra

Featured Posts

It's not pointless,

why do posters try to close threads down with similarly mind numbing statements...

i believe that in the first post the above said that " its a stupid place to put master switches" but almost all boats of the same build over the last 20 years use the same place. The boats obviously pass safety checks etc and this would seem to be the best position ? After all they are away from the engines and in a different compartment.

I also believe that it was said by the above that " we should not discuss this on a forum " but the amount of PM's and people asking me to name the insurance company seem to disagree with them.

There 2nd post is to try and pick faults with how i have typed up the info, even going the extra mile of quoting me and i believe 'wrong' so i add up a full description of where the battery switches etc are to get rid of any confusion.

3rd post is to say "whatever' like a kid in a play ground.

So why would i want anymore of there pointless posts trying to cause argument from the start. If they have nothing constructive to add than to go around quoting comments and trying to pick out issues in what someone has said then i would prefer them not to post at all.

I get the idea that we have the odd keyboard hero with high post counts trying to 'bully' the new users. Must say that everyone else has been spot on so its a shame you have the odd one who lets the forum down. Sad really.

• Greenie 3

i believe that in the first post the above said that " its a stupid place to put master switches" but almost all boats of the same build over the last 20 years use the same place. The boats obviously pass safety checks etc and this would seem to be the best position ? After all they are away from the engines and in a different compartment.

I also believe that it was said by the above that " we should not discuss this on a forum " but the amount of PM's and people asking me to name the insurance company seem to disagree with them.

There 2nd post is to try and pick faults with how i have typed up the info, even going the extra mile of quoting me and i believe 'wrong' so i add up a full description of where the battery switches etc are to get rid of any confusion.

3rd post is to say "whatever' like a kid in a play ground.

So why would i want anymore of there pointless posts trying to cause argument from the start. If they have nothing constructive to add than to go around quoting comments and trying to pick out issues in what someone has said then i would prefer them not to post at all.

I get the idea that we have the odd keyboard hero with high post counts trying to 'bully' the new users. Must say that everyone else has been spot on so its a shame you have the odd one who lets the forum down. Sad really.

Your preference however cannot determine what get's posted here..

Edited by MJG

Your preference however cannot determine what get's posted here though..

and now you seem to be following suit of picking a argument over a thread that has been posted to advice you all of a potential issue with your insurance.

No worries, wont bother updating on here again as you and your mate have made it clear that you now want to cause a issue.

I cant be bothered with people trying to cause a issue.

Thanks all that gave some constructive feedback, thanks.

Catch you on the rivers maybe

And I suggested to you that it may possibly be unwise of you to disclose any more of the situation until you had totally completed your claim/appeal to the insurers just in case it compromised your position.

Whilst I can understand folks pm'ing you asking for the insurer details - they are doing it purely for their own interest - - and not yours.

You only joined this forum to ask advice with your problem, whilst you may not like some of the comments, I feel you're behaving like a spoilt brat and throwing a little tantrum.

Just remember you've received a great deal more help from the membership than you have yet given

• Greenie 2

Cannot agree with the infantile nitpickers who have wrecked this thread.

Mattysupra, I have to say I have found your posts most useful and helpful. It would be appreciated if you would continue

to keep us informed of developments, as it is a situation we could all face in the future and your experience will be

highly relevant. :cheers:

• Greenie 2

You only joined this forum to ask advice with your problem, whilst you may not like some of the comments, I feel you're behaving like a spoilt brat and throwing a little tantrum.

Just remember you've received a great deal more help from the membership than you have yet given

Yes correct, i joined the forum to warn you all of a issue with insurance. Im 99% confident they wont pay out so the claim i dont care about. Personally i was getting enough people viewing the thread before i name the insurance company.

As a forum, would i return? Not with what i have witnessed of the bully post hero's

Maybe because we are a salty family?(or so you think) well we have other boats/ barges in the family. we do use the rivers and canals.

Im amazed that no one has asked what i do for a living personally. :mellow:

like i say before, the thread was about insurance issues. It was not for me to be cross examined.

Happy sailing to you, sure i will see a fair few of you over the next season.

Thanks to all that was helpfull.

Mattysupra.Most folk on this forum would not understand the layout of a sea going boat of such power and proportion such as yours which you only revealed in your posts gradually,bit by bit after people were caught out by offering wrong assumptions based on their knowledge of much simpler less powerful inland waterways craft.

This was quite understandable on your part in view of you being in conflict with your insurance company,as revealing too much information on here may add more problems with your claim.

Summing up i don't think anyone was to blame for the misunderstandings really.

Edited by bizzard

Hi there mattysupra

I also would appreciate hearing the out come

what ever happens keep on at the insurance co,dont let them bully you.

In the end we all pay insurance,and if we ever have to claim,I like to know that my claim would be honoured.

I like everyone on this forum has paid house car life boat heath etc etc over 30 years and ive never had to claim.

so i like to know if theres a company that dont pay out when the need arises

all the best

col

Mattysupra.Most folk on this forum would not understand the layout of a sea going boat of such power and proportion such as yours which you only revealed in your posts gradually,bit by bit after people were caught out by offering wrong assumptions based on their knowledge of much simpler less powerful inland waterways craft.

This was quite understandable on your part in view of you being in conflict with your insurance company,as revealing too much information on here may add more problems with your claim.

Summing up i don't think anyone was to blame for the misunderstandings really.

thanks for your post. To the point without being rude.

Personally i don't think i needed to say what sort of boat it was simply as we was talking about insurance being refused.

The thread going of topic on prices of parts has been explained.

I did not want to come on here looking like i was bragging at the size of boat etc so kept that quiet, after all im not sure the size of boat in question matters. The way the posts has progressed (mainly by going off topic) it has come out that the boat in question is a lot larger than the average boat.

I did not want to come on here and sound a big headed idiot by saying 'mine is bigger than yours' so left out what type of boat it is and size. End of the day we all use the same insurance company and we are discussing the insurance claim, Not how big the boat is and its layout.

Anyway, thanks again for a normal post.

Regards

matty

Personally i don't think i needed to say what sort of boat it was simply as we was talking about insurance being refused.

I did not want to come on here looking like i was bragging at the size of boat etc so kept that quiet, after all im not sure the size of boat in question matters. The way the posts has progressed (mainly by going off topic) it has come out that the boat in question is a lot larger than the average boat.

I did not want to come on here and sound a big headed idiot by saying 'mine is bigger than yours' so left out what type of boat it is and size. End of the day we all use the same insurance company and we are discussing the insurance claim, Not how big the boat is and its layout.

I though that that was partly the reason,its good of you to try and be modest about it. Good luck with your claim..

Regards

matty

I thought that that was partly the reason,its good of you to try and be modest about it. Good luck with your claim.Regards Bizzard..

Regards

matty

Regards

matty

I would like to know the outcome as I had the same problem as you.

I don't know what i did there folks on that reply.

Anyhow Mattysupra. I thought that may have been partly the reason,good of you for trying to be modest with your description and hope the claim works out in your favour. Regards Bizzard.

and now you seem to be following suit of picking a argument over a thread that has been posted to advice you all of a potential issue with your insurance.

No worries, wont bother updating on here again as you and your mate have made it clear that you now want to cause a issue.

I cant be bothered with people trying to cause a issue.

Thanks all that gave some constructive feedback, thanks.

Catch you on the rivers maybe

Ignore them, don't let them put you off posting on here, they ain't worth it. There are plenty on here who are genuinely interested ;0)

LOL, its nothing special mate, No different to NB which is a little over weight with over sized engines.

Look, you tantalise me with big green lumps, put up some vague carpet shots, and you deny me the full experience.

You Sir, are just a tease.

Edited by fuzzyduck

Ignore them, don't let them put you off posting on here, they ain't worth it. There are plenty on here who are genuinely interested ;0)

its people like yourself, + the mass of Pm's also that have talked me around. Why should you genuine lot suffer because of others.

I cant be bothered with arguing mate. not over a daft thread that im actually trying to warn people. We will see how it goes but i cant be bothered with thread craping.

Thanks for your post mate.

Look, you tantalise me with big green lumps, put up some vague carpet shots, and you deny me the full experience.

You Sir, are just a tease.

just for you mate-

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3116/3776769097_0799204cdf.jpg