Domestic shower tray and gulper pump

buggsy

Featured Posts

Hi,

I am thinking of removing our bath and installing a domestic quadrant shower enclosure. I was hoping for some advice/reassurance that members have installed a gulper shower pump and that this keeps up with discharge of the shower water.

cheers

Steve

Hi,

I am thinking of removing our bath and installing a domestic quadrant shower enclosure. I was hoping for some advice/reassurance that members have installed a gulper shower pump and that this keeps up with discharge of the shower water.

cheers

Steve

Absolutely no problem with that at all on two boats that I've owned.

Roger

The gulper 220 can do 14litres a minute. the 320 about 19litres. Unless you have a powerful fresh water pump or multiple water pumps and shower heads that are thirsty then the 220 should be fine.

We shower with the pump turned off, it soaks the feet nicely. So far the level of water in the shower tray has not exceeded half way. Having finished the shower we then pump out the water.

Also, showering with the racket that the pump makes is not pleasant!

Regards

Ditchdabbler

Although i have a shower i hate em,wish i had a bath but i've not enough room,but if i did i would have it up on high with the bottom above the water level outside so that it emptied by gravity without the need for another wretched pump making a noise and sapping more hard won electricity. A little ladder leading up to it would be nice or if you have the room an ornamental Tudor staircase sweeping up to the rim would be a good novelty and feature of interest. If you wanted to stand up in it just fix a hinged hatch in the roof.You could then also take a cold rain shower if you tier of the bath method.

And think of all the added storage space beneath which would be denied to you with any other bathing method. :mellow:

We shower with the pump turned off, it soaks the feet nicely. So far the level of water in the shower tray has not exceeded half way. Having finished the shower we then pump out the water.

Also, showering with the racket that the pump makes is not pleasant!

Regards

Ditchdabbler

I changed my wimpy, UM Jabsco I think it was, rotary type shower pump, for a whale Gulper and whilst I do agree with Ditchdabbler about the noise it copes admirably with the water. My shower is in a small waterproof room on a 30 foot boat and whilst the floor does slope down slightly to the corner where there is a sump the door has a two inch wooden step and the water has never reached that.

Pete

If anything the gulper 220 pump is too powerful for the job to be honest! Not that is a bad thing, an unstressed pumps bearings and gears are obviously going to last longer than one that has to run full pelt to keep up.

On the subject of quadrant showers, we fitted one from Homebase which was a prefect fit in our boat although I should point out that our boat has a lot of head room so I very much doubt a boat with 'traditional' head room would be adequate.

Of course there's no need to use water at all for bathing with all the attendant issues of water usage,water leaks,pumps,electricity and all the rest of it.Why not just spray yourself all over with Carbon tetrachloride the ''DRY CLEANER''and then gently brush it all off with a scrubbing brush like a snooker table to reveal a cherub pink dry cleaned body.

Bizzard.

Of course there's no need to use water at all for bathing with all the attendant issues of water usage,water leaks,pumps,electricity and all the rest of it.Why not just spray yourself all over with Carbon tetrachloride the ''DRY CLEANER''and then gently brush it all off with a scrubbing brush like a snooker table to reveal a cherub pink dry cleaned body.

Bizzard.

:smiley_offtopic:

Brings back memories of school. I was in the sailing club and in the winter we use to maintain the school boat. Paint brushes were cleaned in the science lab with Carbon Tetracholride. Imagine that today.

:smiley_offtopic:

Brings back memories of school. I was in the sailing club and in the winter we use to maintain the school boat. Paint brushes were cleaned in the science lab with Carbon Tetracholride. Imagine that today.

Coo its very heady stuff too. Cellulose thinners is the best cleaner although it might attack synthetic bristols. bristles. :unsure:

Edited by bizzard