Coal in Manchester - Merchants Yards?.

Richard10002

Featured Posts

Hi,

Searched for "coal + Manchester" and just "coal", but couldn't find an answer, although I'm sure it's been discussed.

For some reason, I've not been around when Liam & Ariel have been passing through Stretford, and have run out of coal. I've emailed Liam to see if I can drive over and collect, and am awaiting an answer.

In the meantime, are there any coal merchants within say 10 miles of Stretford, (M32), who sell stuff like Taybrite etc. In 25kg bags that I can go and collect?

An Internet search reveals a few but one in Urmston has closed, (Eckersleys), one in Timperley looks like a private address, and Knutsford Solid Fuels is also a private address, (drove past on my way home late last night!).

I've used a 10kg bag of smokeless from a local hardware store, but it's crap, half full of dust.

Any help much appreciated!

Richard

The coal merchant in burscough had coal at his private address for picking up , he operated a wagon but if i wanted to pick it up it was his home address , maybe they just fill wagons from and at a large coal depot and no longer have small yards of thier own.

There is a place at Oughtrington near Lymm but I cannot remember the name . I could find out if you have not been sorted (cant believe I have forgotten name I go past most days must be the christmas cheer taking effect)

Edited by Brin Morris

Hi

Im in manchester and there's a guy in salford who delivers free if you order 5+ bags (he sells 25kg smokeless for £8.50 a bag)

Give him a bell - 0161 716 6616 - not sure he'll be able to deliver today tho -he usually wants a couple of days notice but if you want to collect yourself maybe you can sort summat out with him!

Cheers

Thanks for the quick replies. May have a drive past Solid Fuels and see where it is. Not open til 4th Jan, probably like most.

There is a place at Oughtrington near Lymm but I cannot remember the name . I could find out if you have not been sorted (cant believe I have forgotten name I go past most days must be the christmas cheer taking effect)

Thanks Brian,

I cant see anything happening before next week, so the name etc. would be good. It might also help others who search for coal + manchester :)

Cheers

Richard

Hi

Im in manchester and there's a guy in salford who delivers free if you order 5+ bags (he sells 25kg smokeless for £8.50 a bag)

Give him a bell - 0161 716 6616 - not sure he'll be able to deliver today tho -he usually wants a couple of days notice but if you want to collect yourself maybe you can sort summat out with him!

Cheers

Thanks for that. I'll call him after the weekend. Googled the number and found Rogers and Muscat in Salford on 0161 "736" 6616 - could that be them?

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by Richard10002

pearsons coal over in marple is a good shout for maybe still being accessible today. http://www.pearsonfuels.co.uk/

great prices and they do union lignites too which are AWESOME for getting smokeless lit quickly!

otherwise, just stick with some normal logs from the esso over the road til you can get some after boxing day.

are you based in stretford marina?

Hi Richard,

I have just picked up your email now, and have replied. Apologies for the delay but I've been out on a delivery run over the past couple of days. Please call me any time on 07748 958303 to sort something out.

Thanks

Hi Richard,

I have just picked up your email now, and have replied. Apologies for the delay but I've been out on a delivery run over the past couple of days. Please call me any time on 07748 958303 to sort something out.

Thanks

Big thanks to Liam & Longford Canal Services for delivering today. Should last me well into the New Year!!

Richard