can it be done?

peter nelson

Featured Posts

If you can get hold of a copy......

link

A right good read

Also a brillant little sailing dagger board dinghy and only 10'10''oa,and good seaboats for their size although difficult to right after a capsize as they tend to turn turtle quickly so you have to be quick.

ok first off i have no intention of ever doing this as even thinking about it scares the hell out of me, but.

when i told a good friend i am saving to buy a boat (early days just £1100 saved) as he knows my mum lives in spain he automaticaly thought it was so i could sale over and visit her.

at first i just cracked up laghing, but then i thought is it posable to get a boat that will tour the inland waterways sleap 4 ppl and still set out to sea and get to spain and back?

as i put before even if i had the ideal boat i am far to chicken to do it, plus i dont realy like my mum enough to go all that way just to see her

pete

Possible? Yes, via the French rivers and canals to the Med. Sensible? No.

Keith

ok first off i have no intention of ever doing this as even thinking about it scares the hell out of me, but.

when i told a good friend i am saving to buy a boat (early days just £1100 saved) as he knows my mum lives in spain he automaticaly thought it was so i could sale over and visit her.

at first i just cracked up laghing, but then i thought is it posable to get a boat that will tour the inland waterways sleap 4 ppl and still set out to sea and get to spain and back?

as i put before even if i had the ideal boat i am far to chicken to do it, plus i dont realy like my mum enough to go all that way just to see her.

pete

Hi Peter,

my advice would be to check out Easyjet's flight routes and see if they cover an airport destination close to where your Mum lives in Spain. Then, after you've visited her on the cheap, use what's left to put a deposit on a decent little GRP cruiser.

That way, you'll get the best of both worlds.

Mike

For us a tour of the UK inland waterways would take in the Caledonian Canal, the Crinian Canal, The Tyne, the Humber, The Deben, The Thames, The Mersey, The severn etc. each to their own. A muddy narrow ditch in the centre of Brummie just doesnt cut it for everyone and neither does a narrow tube of steel :P

Come on, you have left out Gods country, Norfolk.