Flat-Pack Sofas

Robbie Barr

Featured Posts

We have one at home, and it's great. The only thing I would say is go to the showroom and look if you can. The seat base is slipped into the cushion cover so you end up with a hard strip across the front of the sofa but you only notice it if you are sat on the floor leaning on it. The plus is you gain storage space underneath but don't bother with their storage boxes they take up too much space! The sofas are quite deep, 93cm springs to mind but if you have the space go for it, we saved over a grand for a 3m x 3m corner sofa with dbl sofa bed.

Regards

Dan

Have a look at INTOSOFA.COM (not a clicky) they make modular seating of all sorts to go in restricted places. We have a super 2 seater sofsbed which is really comfortable and the parts fitted through 500mm doors etc. They have a good website and will send you swatches of material.

Phil

I'm looking at getting a sofa for my little boat from Nabru. Does anyone have any experience with these or can someone recommend me an alternative?

We have one of these --Ikea ------The boater friend

Not flat packed but it went in to our NB OK

Alex

We have a nabru sofa on our boat...we replaced a fixed L shape with it. The nabru is much more comfortable, and i think was pretty good value...you can replace bits in the future and even get spare covers etc.

The only slight draw back in my view is that they are quite deep and come out almost half way across the boat even though it buts up right under the gunnel.

I'm looking at getting a sofa for my little boat from Nabru. Does anyone have any experience with these or can someone recommend me an alternative?

We bought a sofa bed from nabru last year and its lovely. Her indoors was a bit tipsy one night and as she started to make the sofa bed up she damaged the base but after a guick call to nabru ,a replacement part was sent out, no quibbles.

Before we bought it they sent out a bunch of material swashes and you can mix and match to your hearts content.

I'm just fitting out a lined sailaway and we have been searching for a sofa and a chair, not too large. IKEA have a small sofa flat packed on offer at £89 and a tub chair at £39. Both only come in off-white but the addition of cushions or a throw will enhance them. The chair is less than 50cm so will go through or rear doors. Hope that helps.