project boat

P R

Featured Posts

Quite startling; how on earth did it get like that? One hears of boats being stretched, but rarely of them being shortened, except ex-working boats shortened by BW, and those would have had no superstructure in their middle sections.

it is a shame that this section of a NB was not twice as long

wuld be easy to fabricate a bow and stern section,as any shell-builder will know, the centre section is not as much fun as forming the curvy bits.

could also be used as a summerhouse for a long term boater who has retired to a house,might just reduce withdrawal symptoms!

Quite startling; how on earth did it get like that? One hears of boats being stretched, but rarely of them being shortened, except ex-working boats shortened by BW, and those would have had no superstructure in their middle sections.

IIRC it had something to do with one of the boatbuilders who built it for use at shows. I'm pretty sure it's been discussed here some time ago, probably when it was last up for sale

Richard

I think it was being used as an office, back then, now downgraded to a shed.

It was longer than 3 years ago, I see:

There was an office for sale on ebay awhile back that was a section of a narrowboat, so it's not an "unusual" idea, it just seems odd to have a whole boat that will never see water... :lol:

Where would the tiller go? And I think you would have to be related to Jesus to be able to steer it :closedeyes: Not sure I know anyone else who can walk on water.

As it seems to have the aquadynamics of many Norfolk Broads bathtubs, perhaps forward wheel steering would be appropriate.

As it seems to have the aquadynamics of many Norfolk Broads bathtubs, perhaps forward wheel steering would be appropriate.

I know bathtubs don't have great hydrodynamics, but they're a fair bit better than this steel box.

Personally, I wouldn't consider it for any application that involved it floating, it might make an interesting shed/summer house for somebody who was land based but interested in canals and narrowboats.

I know bathtubs don't have great hydrodynamics, but they're a fair bit better than this steel box.

Funnily enough, having now spent some time looking at Broads cruisers, out of the water, I was surprised at how nice some of the underwater profiles are, considering how ugly they are, above the waterline.