what will need for our first weekend on our first boat

Darren72

Featured Posts

Hopefully if survey goes well and transaction goes through quick we should have our first boat before October. What will we need. Our first job is to clean right through the boat, its not dirty but we want to make sure its spick and span. We will be moving it from its brokerage marina to its temporary home marina the first day. The boat has a cassette toilet, so we will need some blue for the loo. I take it we get that from any chandlery, how much do you put in. Is it wise to get some engine oil? Any help and suggestions would be grateful.

Find out what oil was used/should be used. There may already be some stored away

Do the simple checks, engine coolant level, oil level and belt tension.

Sorry, am a pump out, know nothing about elsan.

Check Gas bottle is there (if you need one) and there is some gas in it.

Check tunnel light/s works

Check wine/beer/juice.

Take photos!

Check Weed hatch

Enjoy!

Experts on here will advise rest

Paul

Nb Lola

www.canalblog23.blogspot.com

Hopefully if survey goes well and transaction goes through quick we should have our first boat before October. What will we need. Our first job is to clean right through the boat, its not dirty but we want to make sure its spick and span. We will be moving it from its brokerage marina to its temporary home marina the first day. The boat has a cassette toilet, so we will need some blue for the loo. I take it we get that from any chandlery, how much do you put in. Is it wise to get some engine oil? Any help and suggestions would be grateful.

The list could be endless!

Here's your starter for ten:

Make sure engine has all fluids, toilet is functional, water in water tank,diesel in fuel tank and you have a bottle of gas. You will possibly need a BW key, and locking equipment. A few hand tools never go amiss. Mooring pins and hammer are good. Front fender needs to be in place, others optional. Torch is recommended. Beer.

I am still adding to the inventory after many years.

Good luck with your new boat; the first weekend on our first NB was a superb experience that I shall never forget.

Edited by Guest

The list could be endless!

Here's your starter for ten:

Make sure engine has all fluids, toilet is functional, water in water tank,diesel in fuel tank and you have a bottle of gas. You will possibly need a BW key, and locking equipment. A few hand tools never go amiss. Mooring pins and hammer are good. Front fender needs to be in place, others optional. Torch is recommended. Beer.

I am still adding to the inventory after many years.

Good luck with your new boat; the first weekend on our first NB was a superb experience that I shall never forget.

i will be present for the survey, and will be taking photos of everything the survey looks at and loads of the boat out of the water. I hope the surveyor will show me how everything works when he checks it, cassette loo, inverter etc. I will be writing notes and doing a full sweep of the boat writing down whats needed etc. Fingers crossed its all ok, should be its only 4 year old. I have got an old exercise book we have wrote down notes so far. I shall now add the obvious. Thanks for the info so far. Anymore ideas/items from others would be appreciated. The boat has all the ropes,fenders,windlasses,pins/hooks so ok on that front.

I just cannot believe this thread.

This question has been asked many times.

I dont drink wine, and I open beer bottles with my teeth!!

Never before has it got to post 4 without someone saying CORKSCREW.

Have a great trip :)

I really like having binoculars - not just for wildlife spying, but also for checking out signs and things in advance if I'm unsure. (Arguably I should check my prescription specs :) )

Make sure you've got your phones and camera batteries charged.

And make sure you have a little something to crack open to toast with!

Have an awesome time - we enjoyed our first trip immensely - it's a whole new feeling.

Lucy

Alter the boat slowly, find out what works for you before removing fixed seating etc we prefer loose armchairs. and a good spring mattress. Where is the boat now and have you got a home mooring booked?

Mercia now, off to Barton for 6 months then possible upto Swanley Bridge.