Chip fat fuel

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

As bio-diesel is pure FAME and has limited lubrication properties for pumps and injectors, perhaps the tip mentioned in a different topic of adding two-stroke oil at a ratio (IIRC) of 200:1 would alleviate that particular issue.

Regards

Ditchdabbler

That was my post, yes I use it at 200:1 based on suggestions on various forums, I don't think it's critical, I accidentally mixed at 100:1 and it seemed to run even better though it is difficult to judge sometimes, trying not to kid yourself.

Is the seemingly better running down to the 2 stroke oil raising the cetane rating? Maybe the extra lubrication is causing the injection pump to run quieter? I can't really say but my wife and I both agree that our mk5 turbo Transit camper runs quieter on 2 stroke oil with less diesel 'knock'.

I'm always hungry! Or utterly stuffed. Or hungry again.

Cotswoldman does.

I had a Thai curry

Just finished an excellent Thai Prawn curry, but it hasn't helped my fuel tank.!!

I moored next to the ex-owner of Russel-newbury a couple of Easters ago at Braunston, and he had a triple filtration system fitted which used neat chip fat at no expense. He had done 11 months CC-ing then (as a trial , obviously)and had no issues with the fuel.

no details on system fitted, (come on, it was many months ago) , but he seemed to think it was the bees knees.

They still use dripping in a lot of chippy's round these parts. Will it clog up the injectors if i use it?

I would of course, it doesn't get into the refining system though even though some chip shops use a mix of oil and lard, the lard/dripping solidifies so is easy to isolate.

In my opinion beef dripping certainly makes the best chips.

As for clogging up injectors, not if you get it hot enough, but otherwise yes, and then only if it escapes the refining process.

(I'm just trying to imagine the smell of burning dripping..... No I don't think it would be as appetising as following a curry burner)

• 1 month later...