Wealth of advice in one place

Peter Underwood

Featured Posts

The title of the thread does not inspire confidence - nor the use of the third person.

Richard thought 1p was what it was going to cost to read them

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Peter you seem to be spamming the forum with ads for Towpath Toiletpaper, at the moment.

Unless asked specifically about your publication, could you restrict your contributions to general discussion, without mentioning it?

There are many waterways journalists, who contribute to the forum, who never mention their rag.

It may interest liveaboards and wanabe liveaboards to know that there are plans to publish all 12 parts of Peter Underwood's Living Afloat series on the Norbury Wharf Ltd website over the next few weeks. I will provide links here as they go live.

Oi! I was thinkin about doin that too,to delight the readers. bizzard :banghead:

It may interest liveaboards and wanabe liveaboards to know that there are plans to publish all 12 parts of Peter Underwood's Living Afloat series on the Norbury Wharf Ltd website over the next few weeks.

Given the user-name you are using, it seems's odd in the extreme to not be saying My Living Afloat Series.

This Peter Underwood behaves exactly in the same way as a quite famous French actor named "Alan Delon", when he's interviewed, he'll say : "You ask Alan Delon a question, and Alan Delon will answer that question."

I suppose that he doesn't know how to say: "I will answer your question." it sounds really weird.

Peter.

Hi Peter how are you & the missus?

We met in Audlem an couple of times last year, you did the last couple of locks for me & then got me drunk in the pub later.

I'll check out your link, just ignore all the 'boys' they're very possessive of the site for some reason, not sure why

hope to bump into you again

Edited by LoneWolf

I'll check out your link, just ignore all the 'boys' they're very possessive of the site for some reason, not sure why

Nothing "possessive" at all.

We have several professional waterways journalists, who contribute regularly to the forum, but do not abuse the rules on spam, nor be quite so self publicising.

We have several professional waterways journalists, who contribute regularly to the forum, but do not abuse the rules on spam, nor be quite so self publicising.

So you think it's abusing the rules on spam? now you're just being silly

Didn't notice you being all high & mighty on this one spam

Google, my dear Alan, google.

Can you expand on that Chris? Why didn't the user Peter Underwood not say that he was letting us know where to find his articles rather than Peter Underwood's articles?

Richard

Can you expand on that Chris? Why didn't the user Peter Underwood not say that he was letting us know where to find his articles rather than Peter Underwood's articles?

Richard

Presumably because he was more interested in Google finding his post than is using normal english. I suppose its a reasonable explanation, even if unpleasant to see someone trying to abuse the forum that way. I had begun to wonder if it was someone else posting under his name.

So you think it's abusing the rules on spam? now you're just being silly

Didn't notice you being all high & mighty on this one spam

Didn't even see it but, to be honest, I don't see your point.

The man is obviously a self publicist (he seems to have posted his cv, in another thread) and to come on here spouting how better he is than us is not going to win many friends.

Can you expand on that Chris? Why didn't the user ***** ********** not say that he was letting us know where to find his articles rather than ****** ******** articles?

Richard

Google can't parse pronouns so now geezer has the full name of his articles listed 4 or 5 times on this page. Google will gurgle and think "must be important". I would imagine his motive is more this than any desire to inform the good people of this forum.

Edited by Chris Pink

Google can't parse pronouns so now geezer has the full name of his articles listed 4 or 5 times on this page. Google will gurgle and think "must be important". I would imagine his motive is more this than any desire to inform the good people of this forum.

Yes,

It's a good ploy, isn't it ?

It hasn't drawn me to want to go and read the articles though, somehow.......

This topic has been reported but I am reluctant to intervene because it isn't really 'spam' and there have been many other topics and posts on here that may be regarded by many as self promotion on the part of the author - including topics and posts by some of those who have responded above. Having said that, it is important for all to keep the Forum Rules and Guidelines in mind and be aware that any commercial advertising requires permission from the site owner.

Not really as sophisticated as some seem to fear. No real knowledge of the Google search techniques and similar stuff.

Not even trying to make money. The simple reality is that a number of people have been kind enough to ask if it was possible to access earlier articles on line. Norbury were good enough to offer space on their website. I have already been paid by TT and was simply trying to offer it as an additional resource to potential liveaboards. Not even trying to promote TT. I am freelance.

The use of the third person was simply so that any TT reader would better recognise the series to which I was referring.

No intention to ruffle any feathers merely to add to the collective resource of experience expertise and opinion.

Similarly I only offered part of my CV on another discussion about the NWC because someone had somewhat rudely questioned my expertise.

And LoneWolf thanks for that. We are both well and still doing our best to encourage drunkeness all over the system. Hope to cross with you again soon.

Similarly I only offered part of my CV on another discussion about the NWC because someone had somewhat rudely questioned my expertise.

I think that might have been because you, somewhat rudely, dismissed everyone else's expertise.

You are a boater who writes for a free paper that is still overpriced.

Your expertise does not shine above many of those who have riled against your arrogance.

Thanks Chris, that makes sense. Perhaps I should go back and edit his name out of my posts

Richard

MORE:

Perhaps if the thread title was changed to "Wealth of opinion in one place"

Edited by RLWP