Facebook boatbuild

Ally

Featured Posts

If anyone is interested, Beacon Boats now have a facebook page. I will be kinda 'blogging' the builds on it on a regular basis. It presently has the end of the build of 'Triskaideka' and the very start of the new boat we are just starting.

To follow it....assuming you are on Facebook already, search for 'Beacon Boats Ltd' in your search bar of your page, and 'like' the page...you will then get the feed regularly on your home page.

There are some pics of the last stages of our previous builds if you look through the pictures page.

this one might take you to the Beacon one too:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-Boats-Ltd/208063042540748

does it work?

Works a treat for me Ally, but then I'm one of Beacon Boats friends on Facebook so we need someone who is not already a friend to confirm that they can link to it (not sure what the privacy settings are)

Works a treat for me Ally, but then I'm one of Beacon Boats friends on Facebook so we need someone who is not already a friend to confirm that they can link to it (not sure what the privacy settings are)

works for me too, but then...that's kinda obvious I suppose!! Don't think there are privacy settings for business pages?

Just a note...not promoting this here for business...we are too far booked ahead as it is...but I do think some might like watching us build...even if only for ideas!!

I works.

Nick

Thanks for the confirmation. Have just posted the sprayfoam pics and start of the line out for this boat. Working off site this coming week a lot, so not too much progress to show for a few days probably.

I hope people find it useful to watch it progress...I am mainly thinking of those DIY'ing, but I know others enjoy watching too.

But note this

This group is scheduled to be archived

Over the next few months, Facebook will be archiving all groups created using the old groups format. When this group is archived, its wall posts, photos and discussion threads will move to the new groups format, but group members will need to be re-added.

Yes, the CWDF page is an old 'group' page...perhaps someone could set it up again as a 'page' like people or businesses have? The Beacon one is a 'page' rather than a group, done as a specific business page as other businesses like say Everards do. I assume that could be done for a group also?

Of course people will have to re-'like' it to be a part of it, but it seems more flexible

Hi.

Due to some internet problems, Ali is as i type, updating the blog,

http://nb-triskaideka.blogspot.com/

And we have as yet failed to sink us or anybody else!

Drat and damn. Arrived at Welford, and would you believe,there is a BEER FESTIVAL......

Yipee....

Also had a really good sunday lunch.

John. :cheers:

Hi.

Due to some internet problems, Ali is as i type, updating the blog,

http://nb-triskaideka.blogspot.com/

And we have as yet failed to sink us or anybody else!

Drat and damn. Arrived at Welford, and would you believe,there is a BEER FESTIVAL......

Yipee....

Also had a really good sunday lunch.

John. :cheers:

That's our latest launch by the way.....lovely folk to build for and their blog shows the whole process! Happy cruising John & Ali xx

That's our latest launch by the way.....lovely folk to build for and their blog shows the whole process! Happy cruising John & Ali xx

Back from the pub...Ali G says i have had my quota! Suppose lunch and evening is a bit much! Hic....

John :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a stunning video posted on our facebook page, of our number 4 boat....now 5 years or more old, locking......

It's a youtube vid: Canal Narrow Boat. Calcutt Lock : Underwater Footage

I'm frankly stunned by it!

Edited by Ally

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Since the last post here, we built and launched another boat, Suffolk Punch.

480807_558014404212275_29193375_n.jpg

and have since started a 60' trad, slipper stern, for a forum member. She's going to be a beauty!! (not that I'm biased!!)

Anyone wishing to follow her build, and see the behind the scenes photo's, from hull to launch, can follow it by 'liking' the facebook page for Beacon Boats Ltd. The hull was started last year, so you will need to scroll back to see the earlier pictures.

I know at least one other forum member enjoys seeing the photo's of our builds, and finding out about how they all go together.

Anyway, it's all there if you are interested! This 'should' take you to the page, otherwise just use the FB search bar for us. My link