Iona and Monty are off to Coventry

Ange

Featured Posts

Just under a tenth of a mile! :)

PC

As said above a mile = 8 Furlongs so 3.25 Furlongs is aprox 0.4 of a mile.

Actually I think I have confused myself! if the original distance was 3/4 of a Furlong rather than 3.25 then it is about a 10th of a mile or as above 7.5 chains

Edited by churchward

Hope you completed your mad dash today. I'm heading towards Wolverhampton tomorrow, should reach Lapworth Wednesday or Thursday - but there are a lot of locks in the way.

I could be talked into lockwheeling Weds afternoon or Thurs. :)

Team Iona made it - just met them in the pub for a pint! :)

That's three pre-banter boats in place. :)

PC

Sorry - I'd missed loads of posts on this thread!!

Shame we missed you - we reached Fradley last night, heading straight up the T&M.

Damn - that is a shame - missed you by such a short space of time!!

Saw your Mum & Dad on their way home today. Passed us at Springwood Haven Marina this morning.

Paul

Thanks for the update Paul :)

Hope you completed your mad dash today. I'm heading towards Wolverhampton tomorrow, should reach Lapworth Wednesday or Thursday - but there are a lot of locks in the way.

Yep we made it - and it was a mad dash! Two very long, lock heavy days and we're cream crackered. Keep us posted on your journey.

PC

Twas good to meet up :cheers: I'll give you a shout when we've had a tidy up so you can see the inside of the boat :D

Time for a rest? Pah!

I got to Braunston in 4.5 days last year single handed.

3rd night was spent at the bottom of Atherstone! :captain:

Did you go for a jolly into Coventry and back then? Alvecote to Braunston = 1 day.

Mike

Nope, didn't go to Coventry but I did stop at Brinklow on the way at about around noon and ended up hanging around the paint dock where Kerry was working at the time for the rest of the day, finally getting going again the following morning.

Nope, didn't go to Coventry but I did stop at Brinklow on the way at about around noon and ended up hanging around the paint dock where Kerry was working at the time for the rest of the day, finally getting going again the following morning.

Ah, knew there must have been a good reason... ;)

PC

I am now in Gas Street Basin. I expect to be at the top of Lapworth Locks berween 2 and 3 tomorrow. A bit of lockwheeling would be much appreciated.

Something has happened to the forum layout. I can't work out how to send a PM so I'll give my phone no.on here -07976320786. It may be best to ring me early afternoon to see how I've progressed.

Edited by Dr Bradley

I am now in Gas Street Basin. I expect to be at the top of Lapworth Locks berween 2 and 3 tomorrow. A bit of lockwheeling would be much appreciated.

Something has happened to the forum layout. I can't work out how to send a PM so I'll give my phone no.on here -07976320786. It may be best to ring me early afternoon to see how I've progressed.

Nay worries Colin. Will store your number. Not sure what they day will bring for me, as my Nan's in hospital suddenly this eve, but I'll do my best.

PC

I've nothing doing tomorrow so am happy to help. I'll give you a call about midday to see where you are.

• 3 weeks later...