I want to buy a new 57' NB

jeanb

Featured Posts

Very many thanks to all correspondents; all comments helpful. I have been/am looking for a second hand/nearly new 57' Aqualine Monaco cruiser with bow thruster or equivalent. Nothing suitable yet.

Well, you know what you want (well fitted out traditional layout cruiser stern 57 foot nearly new narrowboat).

There are 157 boats between 50 and 60 feet on apollo duck for over 45k (where your kind of boat will be priced) and less than 5 years old. Some are widebeams, so ignore those and browse through the rest to see what sort of thing is available. You never know what might catch your eye. It's all good research :)

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/search.phtml?search=&advert_type=&category=140-0&search_marque=&search_model=&fx=GBP&minv=40000&maxv=&minlength=5&maxlength=6&minyear=2006&maxyear=&search_nation=&sr=1&q=1

(how much is a new aqualine anyway?)

Thanks again to all for taking the time to help me with research.

I have a brochure for an Aqualine Monaco (denotes walk-through bathroom) 57' cruiser. Basic list price £82,950; bow thruster £2,695. Other extras add a lot to the basic cost so I am still searching for a second hand boat of this type or very similar, in keeping with Alan's post.

I have a brochure for an Aqualine Monaco (denotes walk-through bathroom) 57' cruiser. Basic list price £82,950; bow thruster £2,695. Other extras add a lot to the basic cost so I am still searching for a second hand boat of this type or very similar, in keeping with Alan's post.

Bow thruster £2695????? WTH?

Ignoring the discussion on bow thruster or not bow thruster, you get alot of bangs for your bucks for the price of an Aqualine and they look very good being a bona fide company as far as I can see. I would suggest imo and without predudice to the makers that after a year you would be looking to alter or retro fit some items as your experience on the canals grows. It may be a good idea to speak to people who have owned such boats for some years and hear of their experiences so that you have an objective overview for the future.

There are plenty of pre owned Aqualines around at the moment so try and get the best deal you can if you go down that route. You should also check ongoing build quality from which ever builder you choose, especially as you are making a substantial ongoing investment.

Good luck in your search :rolleyes:

What do you get for £82.950, whats the spec.

Very many thanks to all correspondents; all comments helpful. I have been/am looking for a second hand/nearly new 57' Aqualine Monaco cruiser with bow thruster or equivalent. Nothing suitable yet.

Have you looked at new and used at Mercia, I`m sure I saw a monaco there :unsure:

Have you looked at new and used at Mercia, I`m sure I saw a monaco there :unsure:

I went to the French Riviera once. There was a Monaco there too ;)

Engine calorifier is an extra!

It's £100 for a 2nd aerial socket!

Tony

I must say Aqualine is a very nice boat from what I have seen, I do not own one. What I can say is that New Boat Company do give a great after sales service.

This is my experience too. The boat (made in Poland I believe) is well constructed and fitted out. NBC used to bend over backwards to look after their customers and sort out minor after-sales niggles when I was an occasional subcontractor for them a few years ago, doing their pre-delivery gas inspections. I dunno about now. (They stopped using me in the end - I think I got too expensive!)

They also seemed willing to out major niggles too. There was one particularly demandy customer whose Aqualine windows all leaked very badly with all manner of consequential damage apparently. NBC actually supplied them with a whole new boat and took the leaky one back. I couldn't see any 'consequential damage' when I replaced a faulty gas hob on it as they prepared it for resale as a s/h boat so I think they were being over-compliant in that particular case. Totally different attitude to many boat sellers.

Mike

I love my stern, and also my kitchen. At the front!

Well, the middle anyway.

I've not seen that one in person but one thing I will say about RLL boats is that they vary hugely in fitout quality. Some are great others are, er, shall we say "less great".

I like mine fwiw :)

I like this boat - very interesting stern.

Like the kitchen at the back too.

J.

Saw this boat last year when it was in Baradford on Avon. Nice name.

To really 'like' the boat you have to study it in detail, and make your own decision on quality etc. At the risk of invoking the lawyers, I visited RLL Boats who reside in a Portacabin on the river Avon outside of Saltford near Keynsham (Bristol) some years ago for a chat and a quote. The owner, who I can only say has some interesting viewes on politics and life and some very, shall we say, Anglo Saxon expressions, said he did not do quotes but he gave me a figure which he scribbled literally on the back of an envelope. I had not give him a spec, just a vague outline. Very professional. Wen't elsewhere. The place was a tip as well imo.

• 2 weeks later...

If you really are determined to buy a brand new boat and you want a Polish import, then have a look at Amber Boats at Crick too. I think they are cheaper and from what I could see the build quality was just as good as Aqualine.