View New Content

MrCJ

Featured Posts

hi

I understand when you click on new content it brings up threads with new post since you last visit. But is there away you can bring up others, the reason I am asking when I come on here and look at the new content I will read a couple of threads and after this when click on new threads again alot of what I have not read has gone because its not new content since my last visit. Its ok if I am already watching a thread cos then I got the link to thread in email or its in my view topics, but its when I am not it a pain, because then I have to wait and hope someone posts in that thread to bring it back to new content again. Yes I could go and look in all the forum menu's but that would take forever if I dont know which one it was posted in.

So basically what I been looking for is a setting where I can say view new content for a given period ie last view, last 24hrs, last week, last month etc.

If there is something like this can someone please point me in the right direction.

If not would it be possible to put something like this in place? I am sure others would prob find this useful as well.

many thanks

Funny enough I was wondering the same before.

Something like on facebook where when you get to the bottom of the list you can click on show more would be ideal.

Don't know if it can be set up like that on here

Do not log in and the new content will be the last 24 Hrs.

Edit: but of course you will not be able to comment/post until you do log in

Edited by bottle

There is a "today's active content" button somewhere. I'm not sure where because it's now on my bookmark bar

Richard

Ditto, it's at the bottom(iss) of the fourm home page called Todays active content. Or use this link http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

Edit to add, once your on the active page, there's a option to change from 24hr, to week, month, etc. at the bottom.

Edited by Robbo

Ditto, it's at the bottom(iss) of the fourm home page called Todays active content. Or use this link http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

Edit to add, once your on the active page, there's a option to change from 24hr, to week, month, etc. at the bottom.

thanks for that and all the other replies

Also in your settings there is an option of what "View New Content" will do. It can be set either to display only the content since your last visit, or to display all unread posts however old they are.

List your new content. Then when you read each one don't just click it. Right click it and "open in new window" or "open in new tab". When you've read it, close that down. Your "New content" will still be there in the other tab/window.

When you've finished with them all click "Mark all items as read".

• 1 month later...

Also in your settings there is an option of what "View New Content" will do. It can be set either to display only the content since your last visit, or to display all unread posts however old they are.

I always click on "View New Content" after logging on so that I don't have to trawl through each of the sections one at a time - BUT where has this button gone? In its place is "Forum Rules and Guidelines" ?

I always click on "View New Content" after logging on so that I don't have to trawl through each of the sections one at a time - BUT where has this button gone? In its place is "Forum Rules and Guidelines" ?

This seems to be a problem with the Forum at the moment (see here). Be patient and hopefully it will soon get sorted

• 1 year later...