Overstaying

mayalld

Featured Posts

If your behaviour is likely to cause alarm ,distress or embarrasment to another person it can be a public order offence

No part of my behaviour is any different from dozens of other people passing that way on foot or by boat.

Right now I am in a house that is chock full of Rioja. I might have to join you in spirit. :cheers:

Great idea..

I'm in Calpe..Costa Blanca.

I dont stay in UK in winter its too cold.

I squeeze my tenants...until they squeek...and then use the money to live it up here...

Bob

A FOI request is in for the winter mooring question, and frankly I find it rather difficult to believe that 6 boats are all there because they feel unwell.

But they could all be unwell. Anyway they do not all need to be unwell to make your data useless only one or two need to be unwell or even with a problem with the boat they are waiting to get fixed.

David Mayall may well be a porthole twitcher (No double entendre intended)

But seriously, he is not harming anyone, harrassing anyone, nor indeed being a nasty man for all we know.

If he'd like to do what for lack of a better phrase I'll call a scientific type study of boats and mooring in his local area why shouldn't he?

If you don't like mayalld then you don't have to, if you don't agree with what he's doing you don't have to. There are far too many people on their bloody high horses here, it's getting a bit depressing.

• Greenie 4

But they could all be unwell. Anyway they do not all need to be unwell to make your data useless only one or two need to be unwell or even with a problem with the boat they are waiting to get fixed.

Hey Cots !!!

Great words of wisdom.

I always respect 'travelled' people..

Bob

And how will people know who and where I am?

That, and a number of other posts from others, have started to take on a distinctly threatening overtone.

--

Dave Mayall

You begin to realise what you have been posting ?

Pretend people are making threats and get the thread closed.

If everyone on that canal is behaving as you state you are doing all my teenagers are going to have a ball sitting on the roof watching the show.

Might I suggest that given that attitude, you should resign as a moderator.

Is that a veiled way of saying "sack the volunteer"? /facepalm/

No the lady speaketh the truth.

Hail the Lady Muck, she should be promoted to ‘Head girl’ IMO!

Seriously Dave, get a life FFS.

David Mayall may well be a porthole twitcher (No double entendre intended)

But seriously, he is not harming anyone, harrassing anyone, nor indeed being a nasty man for all we know.

If he'd like to do what for lack of a better phrase I'll call a scientific type study of boats and mooring in his local area why shouldn't he?

If you don't like mayalld then you don't have to, if you don't agree with what he's doing you don't have to. There are far too many people on their bloody high horses here, it's getting a bit depressing.

Hi Heff..

I think a real point that I would like to make is that..

On Feb 2nd..Punxatawney Phil..the groundhog...missed the shadow...and forecast an early spring !

Now that..is my kinda groundhog !!

Bob

Is that a veiled way of saying "sack the volunteer"? /facepalm/

No the lady speaketh the truth.

Hail the Lady Muck, she should be promoted to 'Head girl' IMO!

Seriously Dave, get a life FFS.

If a moderator can't stand up and say "even if you don't like what he has to say, you can't start threatening him", then she has no business being a moderator.

If a moderator can't stand up and say "even if you don't like what he has to say, you can't start threatening him", then she has no business being a moderator.

Overstayers under the bed...?

People threatening...?

Moderators are all 'against you'..

Hmmm..?

Aren't there classic symptoms here...?

Bob

dave in my very humble opinion and from observation (sorry I have no data to back this up) in your posts you seem to have 3 constants,

1. Everyone is breaking the rules on the waterways except me.

2. I am being threatened.

3. I am being bullied.

dave again in my humble opinion (and again with no data) I think you need to grow up and get a life.

• Greenie 3

dave in my very humble opinion and from observation (sorry I have no data to back this up) in your posts you seem to have 3 constants,

3. I am being bullied.

dave again in my humble opinion (and again with no data) I think you need to grow up and get a life.

4. My dogs are the only ones under control. Edited by O'Mali

3. I am being bullied.

No;

• A significant number of people are breaking the rules.
  • More are not.
  • Anybody who dares call attention to this fact is shouted down and mention made of not having dental insurance, and it being interesting to watch what would happen if somebody told the rule breakers that I'm opposing them.
  • A moderator is playing to the crowd, rather than doing the right thing.

No;

• A significant number of people are breaking the rules.
  • More are not.
  • Anybody who dares call attention to this fact is shouted down and mention made of not having dental insurance, and it being interesting to watch what would happen if somebody told the rule breakers that I'm opposing them.
  • A moderator is playing to the crowd, rather than doing the right thing.

In your opinion.

The moderator might just think she/he has heard it all before or as they say "same old record from dave"

Maybe...what I said earlier was misunderstood..?

I said..that there may be people here that will know where...or who you are..

That may of may not be true...but what I was really meaning is just that..

That we all like to think that we are all nice folk here...but how do we know that license evaders...overstayers etc...are not forum members..?

I'm sure there are people who do not like your attitude at all...and I think it is rather brave of you to make yourself a martyr

Like people who post photos of there boat and tell where you are moored etc..

I urge...caution...

Bob

Maybe...what I said earlier was misunderstood..?

I said..that there may be people here that will know where...or who you are..

That may of may not be true...but what I was really meaning is just that..

That we all like to think that we are all nice folk here...but how do we know that license evaders...overstayers etc...are not forum members..?

I'm sure there are people who do not like your attitude at all...and I think it is rather brave of you to make yourself a martyr

Like people who post photos of there boat and tell where you are moored etc..

I urge...caution...

Bob

So you're not going to hop on a plane, all the way from Spain, seek someone out and attack them, for being a bit annoying?

Wuss!

So you're not going to hop on a plane, all the way from Spain, seek someone out and attack them, for being a bit annoying?

Wuss!

No.

Very annoying!

And sad!

But I agree, hopping on a plane is very silly, maybe best to just walk up the stairs and take a seat.

Edited by O'Mali

The Moderators on here do a fine task, quite often letting discussions progress and only taking action when the mark is overstepped (which I cannot see on this thread so far).

The thread has been about your insistence on recording boat overstays without any attempt by your good self,

1 to establish any reasons why certain boats have(may have or have) overstayed,

2.whether BW are alreay aware of overstays, or

3.whether the boats in question have actually gone for it and purchased winter moorings or not but not displayed, or been issued with moorings permits.

You sneak past taking notes, and pass on information to try to get people into trouble...

disregarding the fact that BW may already be aware, be monitoring the situation, or be happy that there is no issue in the locality.

So when you finally find a real target, BW have had so many of your reports passed, they ignore it as they see you as the "cry wolf" bloke and treat it with the indifference your constant moaning deserves.

(disclaimer...no threats issued or intended)

(snip)

No, this harassment is specific to certain individuals who can be identified from the information Dave has given.

For instance, if someone came and stood outside your house every day noting certain information and then published that information in such a way as to identify you, you would consider it harassment (well I certainly would) how is this different to that?

What information are they noting and publishing? The address? Anyway, I agree with O'Mali that the most probable scenario is a walk past. I can't get anyone done with harrassment for walking past my house, even if they do it several times each and every day. :unsure:

His refusal to explain the motives behind this vendetta (in two separate posts) is to me prima facie evidence that this is a targeted campaign against one or more individuals

Unless the individuals participate on this forum and agree to Dave's actions. I ask that the moderators take down this topic.

Targeted against overstayers/continuous moorers? (A term I dislike, BTW, as too easily implying the should be continuous cruisers, rather than permanent moorers, perhaps constant moorers would be a better description)

See Post 159

I don't thnk we are ever going to reach a consensus, and so let's agree to differ :rolleyes::cheers:

Iain

Edited for the speeling mistooks I spotted!

Edited by Iain_S

If anyone amongst his targets has got a mooring permit but is not displaying it , that in itself makes them rule breakers that need complaining about , they have no right not displaying because maisie thinks he has a right to know they have paid to moor , otherwise he gets throbbing pains in his head with the constant worry that he paid and someone may have not.

If i was one of his dogs , as soon as the leash was undone i would make a dash to the dog pound and ask for asylum , all this rigmorale maisie gets up to must rub off on the dogs , they are probably lying there with thier paws over eyes and ears hoping this latest campaign blows over quickly.

If anyone amongst his targets has got a mooring permit but is not displaying it , that in itself makes them rule breakers that need complaining about , they have no right not displaying because maisie thinks he has a right to know they have paid to moor , otherwise he gets throbbing pains in his head with the constant worry that he paid and someone may have not.

If i was one of his dogs , as soon as the leash was undone i would make a dash to the dog pound and ask for asylum , all this rigmorale maisie gets up to must rub off on the dogs , they are probably lying there with thier paws over eyes and ears hoping this latest campaign blows over quickly.

129173141718094201.jpg

The Moderators on here do a fine task, quite often letting discussions progress and only taking action when the mark is overstepped (which I cannot see on this thread so far).

The thread has been about your insistence on recording boat overstays without any attempt by your good self,

1 to establish any reasons why certain boats have(may have or have) overstayed,

2.whether BW are alreay aware of overstays, or

3.whether the boats in question have actually gone for it and purchased winter moorings or not but not displayed, or been issued with moorings permits.

You sneak past taking notes, and pass on information to try to get people into trouble...

disregarding the fact that BW may already be aware, be monitoring the situation, or be happy that there is no issue in the locality.

So when you finally find a real target, BW have had so many of your reports passed, they ignore it as they see you as the "cry wolf" bloke and treat it with the indifference your constant moaning deserves.

(disclaimer...no threats issued or intended)

I have collected information so as to present it as statistics. At no point have I named any boat on the forum, and it is not my intention to do so.

I will also be presenting my statistics to BW, and asking the relevant questions of them.

I note that you issue no threats. Regrettably, others have not been so restrained.

I am totally happy for people to opine that I should find better things to do with my time, and to call me names. At the point where people start suggesting that it would be fun if somebody went out of their way to try and incite the people moored there to take violent measures to force me to desist, it ceases to be acceptable.