Product Enquiry? Whats is called?

Biggles

Featured Posts

I want to get hold of some........... galvanised trunking (best description) that is used to support wiring and pipes such as you see in some shops where there is no suspended ceiling, also the the Mechano type stuff that A/C ducts and units hang on.

I want to use this to run my pipes and cables in the engine room.

Biggles

I want to get hold of some........... galvanised trunking (best description) that is used to support wiring and pipes such as you see in some shops where there is no suspended ceiling, also the the Mechano type stuff that A/C ducts and units hang on.

Biggles

Cable tray, and unistrut.

http://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/FCS2_SX3/unistrut-4121-slotted-pregalvanised-channel-30m-length/

http://www.thesitebox.com/Category/4048/cable-tray.aspx?gclid=CKyWl97u8aYCFQZO4QodjjZmGg

Edited by Guest

Hi Pete

Are you sure this type of cable management will stand up to engine room temperatures?

The round stuff is rated up to 70c. I can't find anything on the square stuff though and this might be just the one I am looking for for another part of the boat.

Biggles

The round stuff is rated up to 70c. I can't find anything on the square stuff though and this might be just the one I am looking for for another part of the boat.

The square stuff is also called slotted trunking, open slot trunking.

Depends on the mfr, but the cheaper ones are good for 60°C. Handy stuff for control panels, breaker cupboards.

Makes it easier to have some extra wire length for any future changes. Also could be bolted to cable tray along with heavy cables, pipes etc.

cheers,

Pete.

Biggles

I used 250mm galvanised cable tray for all cable and pipes in the engine compartment(semi trad) and it made fitting out very easy. Also proved useful for mounting the many bits and pieces like battery isolating switches, fuses, valves etc.

I managed to buy a few 3m lengths for a few pounds from the local army surplus store - they are quite expensive new.

I got my shell builder to weld mounting angles all around the engine compartment otherwise not sure how you would mount the trays securely.

Paul