Calcutt Locks

Ray T

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

I was there last weekend and noticed that in the bottom of the lock too. I think were was less water when I was there, and there looked to be all sorts of assorted junk, a bicycle I think as well, but no boat rolleyes.gif I do hope they clear it all out though.

Was a bit surprised that the top lock towpath side bottom paddle was still taped off, hope they fix that too.

They have removed some of the mud from the pound, which is good.

Here's hoping for reopening on time next Friday, and we can escape.

I was there last weekend and noticed that in the bottom of the lock too. I think were was less water when I was there, and there looked to be all sorts of assorted junk, a bicycle I think as well, but no boat rolleyes.gif I do hope they clear it all out though.

Was a bit surprised that the top lock towpath side bottom paddle was still taped off, hope they fix that too.

They have removed some of the mud from the pound, which is good.

Here's hoping for reopening on time next Friday, and we can escape.

I think the marina removed the mud in the top pound. Is the paddle taped to stop anyone moving it while the work is ongoing?

By the mud on the contractors digger I would say that they removed it, but would not be surprised if the marina did not pay for that, they are the main beneficiaries of more depth particularly on the wharf side.

The paddle was broken, well had BW aware tape all over it, long before the stoppage.

By the mud on the contractors digger I would say that they removed it, but would not be surprised if the marina did not pay for that, they are the main beneficiaries of more depth particularly on the wharf side.

I was going by their entry on their blog

I think the marina removed the mud in the top pound. Is the paddle taped to stop anyone moving it while the work is ongoing?

I understand that mud has been removed from the top pound and dumped on site at Calcutt. I don't know if money changed hands.

Earlier in this thread, I suggested that mud in this pound was not a problem. I based this observation on looking after five or six shared ownership craft moored stern in above the middle lock a few years back. Looking at some of the pictures, seems to contradict this view!

Ray, just got back home from Calcutt and went to have a look at the lock about 2:30 I think, did our paths almost cross rolleyes.gif

I asked in the marina, and they said it was on schedule for through passage reopening next Friday, and it would be couple of weeks further for the wharf to be back to normal.

I wondered what had been happing in the area between the 2 marinas, I guess that is where the mud was dumped.