Coal Boat Dusty Arrives

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

Anyone thinking of ice breaking with their boat should watch this.

Steve

I tried to go up the channel cut by Dusty this morning and had to give up after 100 yards the mixture of the new ice about 1 " thick pushing onto ice now over 4" made it impossible so down to one shower every 3 days now!!!! Still thanks to Dusty's hard work have plenty of coal and diesel.....

What a welcome sight after 7 days ice about 4" thick

I can imagine that you were very happy seeing Dusty arriving, I think that those coalboat people deserve a medal for there indispensible help to keep the others warm.

Peter.

p.s. thanks for those great video's

Edited by bargemast

Aye Dusty works bloody hard and only has a couple of weeks of in the year. Not as if he makes much more than a quid on a bag of coal.

Mark let me know if you need water as I've got a wheely thing for water I don't mind towing up the towpath. Same for anyone else along the stretch around banbury.

Just thought I would mention that I spoke to Dusty this morning when I had my engine problem(to see if he knew an engineer) and he said that yesterday he gave up trying to break through the ice so his boat is moored up at Banbury and he will re look at the situation on Monday. I just mention this in case anyone is waiting for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would mention that I spoke to Dusty this morning ....yesterday he gave up trying to break through the ice so his boat is moored up at Banbury and he will re look at the situation on Monday. I just mention this in case anyone is waiting for him.

Now at Gunpowder Wharf, Kidlington - topping up his diesel tomorrow. What a star he is - Thanks Dusty!

Edited by Big John

Is that inside your own pc?

Jeez that's a lot dread to think what my laptop is like!

Not one of mine, fortunately, although I've seen several similar ones.

Laptops are usually worse as the fins of the heatsink are very closely spaced.

Richard

Not one of mine, fortunately, although I've seen several similar ones.

Laptops are usually worse as the fins of the heatsink are very closely spaced.

Richard

especially boaters laptops, what with the coal dust - we take the air duster to both of ours every six months.

Great video - thanks for sharing!