full time job?

endeva

Featured Posts

I have just moved into a flat but I was living on the boat and dong a normal office job for 3 years. It was fantastic in Reading where there weren't to many people doing it and lots of places to moor on the Thames and so I could move a mile or 2 up and down each week and walk to work. Now I live in Bath and commute to Swindon I don't have the time to do all little tasks that always need doing.

If you are thinking about it that would be my only comment - living on a boat requires more time and effort than living in a house so you need to make sure that you have the time available... (If I was dedicated I could easily fit the tasks in still but it depends what other things you want to do as well...)

Cheers,

Ben.

Haha, true, he says from over the top fo the text book (literal) as i write my materials project due in at four tomorrow.

good heavens - deadlines get earlier. I thought 9am was the limit - but 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of people do but usually those with a permanent base and not continually cruising.

But I bet there are some people out there who do "work from boat" and cruise too!

That's what we plan to do. We have an unusual (lucky I think) situation.

But we are self employed (we run oa design consultancy) and even though we currently live in London - our main client is in Scotland. All the others are abroad and I've never met half of them! :P . Plus I'm currently managing another consultant who is based in Northumberland. Thanks to the wibbly wobbly web anything is possible.

I don't think I could live on a mooring, I'd get bored. Me and the other half are boat mad and we are itching to explore the system. We have mates with moorings in London, we've friends in Bristol and my mum and brother live right on the cut in Yorkshire.

I too am one of the fortunate live-and-work-aboarders. I deliberately walked away after 20 years in airline management and started my own IT business 5 years ago, and have never looked back. My office consists of laptop, printer and phone... My clients are usually quite interested - I've even been known to turn up for meetings on the boat, even if it does take a week to get there! Continuously cruised from April to November too.

Mike

I too am one of the fortunate live-and-work-aboarders. I deliberately walked away after 20 years in airline management and started my own IT business 5 years ago, and have never looked back. My office consists of laptop, printer and phone... My clients are usually quite interested - I've even been known to turn up for meetings on the boat, even if it does take a week to get there! Continuously cruised from April to November too.

Mike

that sounds absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!

Might I remind you gentlemen, there is a no swearing or foul language rule on the site.

I haven't counted all the 'W' or 'J' words but there are far too many for someone like me, I keep seeing Work, work, job, job, work, job.....................

Cut it out.

sorry boss, in future I shall say the "W" or "J" word :P:P

Might I remind you gentlemen, there is a no swearing or foul language rule on the site.

I haven't counted all the 'W' or 'J' words but there are far too many for someone like me, I keep seeing Work, work, job, job, work, job.....................

Cut it out.

What the hell :P

:P

Yeah I know quite a few people who use their boat as a base for work.. and if the jobs move they move :D

Both my girlfriend and I have to get up every morning and travel to work. It is very true that living on board is more work than living on land. Last night I got home at about 8pm and had to start pumping out the toilet tank. ....Not the most pleasant thing to do in the dark and cold with a manual pump out system. But wouldn't change it for anything! except for a job that allowed me to work from home and stay on board all day long maybe....