display name

Jacqmar

Featured Posts

Hi can anyone advise me how to change my display name. When I registered a few years ago I chose a display name, having not used the site for a while I recently had to request a password reset. This was actioned but when I log in now I do not have the display name I used to have, and I would like to change back to it.

Many thanks

Hi can anyone advise me how to change my display name. When I registered a few years ago I chose a display name, having not used the site for a while I recently had to request a password reset. This was actioned but when I log in now I do not have the display name I used to have, and I would like to change back to it.

Many thanks

The best way is to click on "Report" on your posting. That will send a message off to all of the moderators. One of them will change it for you

Richard

The best way is to click on "Report" on your posting. That will send a message off to all of the moderators. One of them will change it for you

Richard

I've just changed mine back to my original from NB_No_deadlines

In both cases it was a PM requesting the change to a mod.

Note though that your login name never changes only your name as you appear in the forum, meaning whilst my display name was NB_No_deadlines I always still logged in with my original name MJG.

Edited by MJG

Just let us know what you'd like your new display name to be by typing it in here and I can do this for you.

These are correct.

- In short, its not something a user can do themselves, but by request and with permission, it can be done by any of the moderators.

Daniel

Hi Jackie,

Just let us know what you'd like your new display name to be by typing it in here and I can do this for you.

Mmmm.. Jackie made the request on the 8th Sept in here as requested and it's still not been acted upon.

However I made a direct request in a direct PM to a mod which was sorted in less than 15 minutes. Perhaps my suggestion was the better one after all??

Mmmm.. Jackie made the request on the 8th Sept in here as requested and it's still not been acted upon.

However I made a direct request in a direct PM to a mod which was sorted in less than 15 minutes. Perhaps my suggestion was the better one after all??

Thanks for your post, I would have thought this could have beeen sorted by now too. This is the second time I have posted on this query and back in August I was advised to use the report method which I did to no avail!

How do I send a PM? I'm not very good at the technical stuff I'm afraid.

Many thanks

Jackie

Thanks for your post, I would have thought this could have beeen sorted by now too. This is the second time I have posted on this query and back in August I was advised to use the report method which I did to no avail!

Many thanks

Jackie

Daniel (who of course owns the site too) sorted my change so I suggest PM'ing him.

In his post above (Dhutch) - underneath his avatar (the picture of the name of his boat) you will see a small icon that is like an envelope - click on that and it brings up a message box in which you can type a subject line - I would use 'forum name change request' as the subject type what you want to change to in the message and press send - job done!!

As I say both Graham before him and Daniel too sorted my changes v v quickly, but in response to PM's not as suggested above.

Many thanks

Jackie

Jackie,

This was left as an uncompleted action because Dhutch was waiting on a response from you by PM. He sent you a PM on (or about) 7th September advising you that we already have a member registered with the display name of 'Jacqmar' - and he asked if that was you. Click on this link to see Jacqmar's profile. I am posting this here because you may not yet have found out how to read your messages.

Edited by NB Alnwick
Dead link removed

Jackie,

This was left as an uncompleted action because Dhutch was waiting on a response from you by PM. He sent you a PM on (or about) 7th September advising you that we already have a member registered with the display name of 'Jacqmar' - and he asked if that was you. Click on this link to see Jacqmar's profile. I am posting this here because you may not yet have found out how to read your messages.

I suspect the latter is correct.

If there is any weaknesses with the new software (and it's the only one I can think of - the rest is excelent) is the new PM message waiting indicator is a bit too small. The old software hit you with your PM's as soon as you logged in, and of course this software still does send you an email when you get a PM - assuming of course you have this turned on.

I suspect Jackie may not even be aware she has had a PM from Daniel -

Another interesting "feature" of the new software is that if you send someone a reply to their PM, and then delete their original message, that also deletes your reply so that it never gets sent (although if you're lucky the notification email may have gone already).

Hmm think I'll cross-post this in the other thread about the new software too.

Jackie,

Hi, sorry but did not receive a PM from Dhutch, but I am the same jacqmar! Have now sent PM to him so hope this will be sorted and confusion over!

Thanks

Jackie

Edited by NB Alnwick
Dead link removed

I suspect the latter is correct.

If there is any weaknesses with the new software (and it's the only one I can think of - the rest is excelent) is the new PM message waiting indicator is a bit too small. The old software hit you with your PM's as soon as you logged in, and of course this software still does send you an email when you get a PM - assuming of course you have this turned on.

I suspect Jackie may not even be aware she has had a PM from Daniel -

Thanks for your help I have now sent PM to Daniel and I am sure this will sort it out! I did not receive any notification of a PM though and I have checked my settings and seem to have all the right boxes ticked!!Have to say though it's all Dhutch to me!!!

thanks again

Jackie

Thanks for your help I have now sent PM to Daniel and I am sure this will sort it out! I did not receive any notification of a PM though and I have checked my settings and seem to have all the right boxes ticked!!Have to say though it's all Dhutch to me!!!

thanks again

Jackie

Jackie _ I see still no change - I also see Daniel hasn't been active for a couple of days (clearly he has another life too)-

Suggest you try a pm to Graham, Liam or Lady Muck.

• 1 year later...

Hi Jackie,

Hi Liam - I have just found this post via a search, looking for the same info. My forum name has been Shenstone Oak for some time but that boat has now gone. Is it possible to have my forum name changed to "Barge Maria" please (obviously without the "'s!!)?

Thanks

Tim

Edited by shenstone oak

Tim

I have 'reported' your post as otherwise it may not be picked up by the mods or you could PM them to make double sure.

Actioned this morning . . .

Please note that only the display name has been changed - log in details are unaffected. I mention this because, often the log-in id will be the same as the display name but if I change both then the member may not be able to log in - so the the log-in name is left alone - does this make sense? Probably not :wacko:

Actioned this morning . . .

Please note that only the display name has been changed - log in details are unaffected. I mention this because, often the log-in id will be the same as the display name but if I change both then the member may not be able to log in - so the the log-in name is left alone - does this make sense? Probably not :wacko:

Perfect sense, and my thanks - have a good Sunday

T