Mission accomplished...

Featured Posts

Glad you are safely home.

Have you polished her yet? (The boat, not Jan or Dennis)

You looked a little surprised when I shouted your name last week when we passed on the North Oxford near Rugby.

Edited by Ray T

Glad you are safely home.

Have you polished her yet? (The boat, not Jan or Dennis)

You looked a little surprised when I shouted your name last week when we passed on the North Oxford near Rugby.

Cheers Ray - the outside still needs a bit of TLC,

you did indeed catch me by surprise when we passed last week and even though we'd met before it was only really when I saw your boat name did I click who you were.

I think you passed us on Sunday lunchtime. We were the boat with the orange roof tied up under the A6 bridge near Tamworth while we raided the sloe bushes. You looked damp and tired. It wasn't till afterwards that the name of the boat registered - my brain was too soggy by then. Glad you had a good journey!

Damp certainly, tired possibly I do remember passing a boat so moored and did wonder what the crew were doing Iin the bushes!!! pity we didn't clock who each of us were. It would have been good to chat.

Well the plan isn't to spend time marina bound so it did't occur tois as an issue. The marina at Mercia is actually very nice, very natural looking and not hemmed in by housing like some.

Well the plan isn't to spend time marina bound so it did't occur tois as an issue. The marina at Mercia is actually very nice, very natural looking and not hemmed in by housing like some.

It isnt a problem. We actually visited the marina last winter when we were penned in at Burton. As you say it has the makings of a great marina and will once the planting has matured make a more natural setting than some.

(PS: Being hemmed in by housing is great and does have its advantages, when its cold outside and a pontoon party is out of the question you can take the boat across to a nice warm house and someone will have dinner and drinks ready for you when you arrive :D )

We passed you on Saturday afternoon on the lower part of Atherstone locks. I believe I gave you (guessing it was you in retrospect) the standard grunt as you passed my on the towpath and I was getting back on the boat to go into the lock your boat had just come out of. It was not until I passed your boat I realised the name, and at that point the heavens opened big time. When I was in the lock I looked round and your boat we nicely across the cut rolleyes.gif, so I guess the sudden downpour caught your wife out too!

When we were looking for marinas we looked within an hour radius of home (Solihull ) and Mercia at 50 mins looked quite promising for a while. In the end we decided we did not want to start out on the "northern" canals and settled for more home turf on the GU at Calcutt instead. In terms of the facilities I don't think you can really fault Mercia, and it was not expensive in comparison with others either.