Never seen one of these on the canal Before

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

This passed my boat today it look great. Not seen anything like this pass my boat before on a canal

DSC01397%20copy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1283183249347

There are a couple more pics on my website Clicky Website

She came out of Sharpness docks about 11.00 this morning so presumably had come up from Portishead. I think she's an annual vistor, certainly seen her, or another very similar, over recent years although I admit the name Marjorie didnt ring any bells.

Steve

I was approaching one of the high swing bridges on the Gloucester & Sharpness this summer, when two BW guys started opening it manually, quite unnecessarily as I thought, but something made me look round, and there was this ENORMOUS stately galleon almost up my backside. I scuttled into the bushes as it glided by, a Johnny Depp type at the wheel:

Tallship.jpg

She came out of Sharpness docks about 11.00 this morning so presumably had come up from Portishead. I think she's an annual vistor, certainly seen her, or another very similar, over recent years although I admit the name Marjorie didnt ring any bells.

Steve

I did see her Sunday before last in Frampton.

I was approaching one of the high swing bridges on the Gloucester & Sharpness this summer, when two BW guys started opening it manually, quite unnecessarily as I thought, but something made me look round, and there was this ENORMOUS stately galleon almost up my backside. I scuttled into the bushes as it glided by, a Johnny Depp type at the wheel:

Tallship.jpg

Obviously the Spaniards are taking EU integration a little too literally . . . . .

although no questions will be asked . . . . nobody likes an inquisition