Need a new Centre Rope ?

steelaway

Featured Posts

There is 50 mtrs of 14mm Dyneema Rope on Ebay

Ebay

I only need 10mtrs and it should work out at less than £20 per 10mtr length. ( less than £2.00/mtr - Cheapest I have found is £3.50/mtr)

This is superb rope - probably the strongest in the world and is very hard wearing.

PM me if you are interested

Alex

There is 50 mtrs of 14mm Dyneema Rope on Ebay

Ebay

I only need 10mtrs and it should work out at less than £20 per 10mtr length. ( less than £2.00/mtr - Cheapest I have found is £3.50/mtr)

This is superb rope - probably the strongest in the world and is very hard wearing.

PM me if you are interested

Alex

I'm not familiar with that rope, but if it is as good as you say why not keep at least 20 metres for yourself. You could tie it off at the centre and have 2 centre lines, and it would also serve as a throwing line or anchor line. Better still why not keep the whole lot and you never need to buy any rope for 20 years at least.

I'm not familiar with that rope, but if it is as good as you say why not keep at least 20 metres for yourself. You could tie it off at the centre and have 2 centre lines, and it would also serve as a throwing line or anchor line. Better still why not keep the whole lot and you never need to buy any rope for 20 years at least.

Hi

All good suggestions - BUT .................... I'll be dead in 20 years!!!!

I only uses/need one centre rope and this rope lasts for years.

Its to big for anything else, except perhaps an anchor.

Alex

Please bear in mind that dyneema is almost impossible to cut from a prop if it gets wound round it. I certainly would not use it on my boat for that reason. (I used to make dyneema racing rope). Same with Kevlar!

Hi

Thanks for that - but the centre rope is always cut to such a length as to not reach to the prop!

In 10 years I have never had any of my ropes around the prop - maybe I'm careful not to let it happen?

A bloody motor bike tyre is another story - try cutting that off.

Alex

Hack saw....

Prehaps you can buy the length, chop of what you need, the relist it on ebay and sell the rest. Ive done similar many times.

Braied rope cannot clearly be spliced in the conventional way, but it you can form a loop in the end simular to that of a splice.

Daniel

Hack saw....

Prehaps you can buy the length, chop of what you need, the relist it on ebay and sell the rest. Ive done similar many times.

Braied rope cannot clearly be spliced in the conventional way, but it you can form a loop in the end simular to that of a splice.

Daniel

Hi

See Youtube

Alex