Names You Would NOT Call a Boat

mark99

Featured Posts

Although, following on from that idea, I'm not sure I want boat 3 to be called PaulCatchpole...

From Paul's previous logic, wouldn't this imply that you were eating him? Perhaps "long pig"as a name might cover this heinous crime more discreetly.

When I saw this the boat was called 'The Dogs' and the home port was Bow Locks

That'd be this one then...

TheDogs.jpg

Tony :lol:

There's a boat on the hardstanding at a wharf close to me called "Bold Beaver", and in the window the lady owner has stuck a notice saying "You're too close to my Bold Beaver"

:lol::lol::lol:

Tony

There's a boat on the hardstanding at a wharf close to me called "Bold Beaver", and in the window the lady owner has stuck a notice saying "You're too close to my Bold Beaver"

:lol::lol::lol:

Tony

That reminds me of an Employment Agency in Tewkesbury called the Beaver Bureau.

It didn't look like that sort of business...

That reminds me of an Employment Agency in Tewkesbury called the Beaver Bureau.

It didn't look like that sort of business...

They seemed to be into that sort of thing in Tewkesbury. Visiting the public toilet I noted a very interesting painting on a toilet door. Frm the hinge marks the painting had been done on the inside of the door but then the door had been turned round to face out for anyone to see. Next time I visited by boat (after PC had began to take over) I noted the artwork and the door had gone. Maybe it is in an art collection somewhere.

:lol:

Foxy Lady is a particular bete noire of mine, closely followed by anything Lady, and any boat with a naked or diaphanously clad woman painted (usually badly) on the cabinside.

What if she was wearing a Burkha

Where's my coat ??

Passing Wind?

Theres a passing Wind for sale on our Marina

Yep, passed us recently on the shropi', twas a small plastic thing.

Being a pink floyd fan I liked 'steel breeze' as a name.

Are there any major toms' about? Floating in a tin can....?

Yes I guess its the very same one

how about a sponsored boat from morso, could be called squirrel

Similarly, Becton could sponsor 'Bunny'.

Shortly after we bought our first boat 'Octavia', Skoda brought out a car of that name. We thought about getting it sponsored by Skoda or offering it for use in their adverts but never got round to it.

There was a boat on the dock in Brentford (over 25yrs ago) newish build, and the owner had marked on the top bend where he wanted the signwriter to place the name, it was King Orry. At the time the yard were having misgivings about getting paid, so the 'lads' had added the missing letters.

Derek