Who's on their boat for Christmas?

Paula

Featured Posts

Just sat at work and starting to think about the Christmas holidays.....so who is going away on their boats and where?

I'm thinking of heading off up the Llangollen, hopefully I won't get iced in due to the flow. Hey if I do.....I'll....eerr.....I'll open another bottle of wine.

Paula

Cooks them slowly in red wine and served with parsnips

:) Welcome Paula,

I can see you're gonna fit in here just fine. :wacko:

Mole.

PS: Sorry Stephen, I'm not accepting that, I'm escaping to the seaside to visit my outlaws and get waited on hand-and-foot. Mine are great (OCM drew the short straw :))

Edited by Moley

PS: Sorry Stephen, I'm not accepting that, I'm escaping to the seaside to visit my outlaws and get waited on hand-and-foot. Mine are great (OCM drew the short straw :wacko:)

They're alright I 'spose. Trouble is we (the wife and I) have the same arguement every year about where we are going to spend the day. I always lose! Anyway will be a quite one, we're expecting our first child on 07/01/06.

Im going to be at home for christmas day, but i plan to go to boat somtime while im at home.

- I was talking to the guys at the railway, and they was descusing who was going to do the chrismas train next year!

- Apprently its a really dull day, just one slow dinning train, out and back, thats it for the whole day!

Daniel

You lucky people!

Unfortunately I will be working Christmas Day probably getting bounced about in the North Sea.

However, I will make up for it next leave with a mini booze cruise for a long week-end.

Colin

He just comes down the chimney and pops out the front! In our house he has to come through the balanced flue of the gas boiler (no chimneys) and on the boat he uses the (unbalanced) Alde flue. He's magic. He can go anywhere. He must do 'cos I get presents every Christmas - I'm a good boy, I am. :wacko:

Unfortunately, no boating this Christmas. The OCM stamps her foot and says "We'll stay at home and entertain my aged mother" but I don't mind. I say "Pass the port" and it always seems to stay with me.

I used to worry that Santa would never find us on the boat.....I think he must have a full set of Nicholson's. Mind you we are usually at the same place every year......bottom of the Llangollen....portholed trad with the christmas tree on the front. I too get loads of presents, but only if my brass is shiney!!!

Paula

Wow - congratulations Stephen.

One thing's for sure, Christmas will never be the same again. It's SSSOOOO much more fun when you see it all again through the eyes of a child.

Thank you very much, I must admit I've always been a bit of a Bah Humbug about Christmas, I think things will change now........

:wacko:

Mind you we are usually at the same place every year......bottom of the Llangollen

Were you there last Dec 25th Paula?

We stopped opposite the bottom lock for lunch and had a walk round with snow falling.