I am a proper boater now,

Scooby

Featured Posts

Been told many times if i havent been in the canal/river i am not a proper boater, lol...

Well the dog jumped off the boat onto the ledge and slipped and fell in, so i tried to pull him out, struggled a bit cos i couldnt reach him, anyway got his collar and threw him on the side, and then ended up in myself lol...all well though, quick change of clothes and no one was watching so no embarassments... :lol:

Im feeling brave, so at this point, i would like to say publicly that ive not fallen in yet.

- More over, bar a mobile phone through a spectacular failure to multi-task, ive not dropped much in either.

- Dropped a lump hammer in knocking in the pins at cowroast talking to the bloke of olive, but i got that back.

Daniel

- Dropped a lump hammer in knocking in the pins at cowroast talking to the bloke of olive, but i got that back.

At certain times of the year when the water is cold, the canal becomes crystal clear around Cowroast Lock. I've fished out a tunnel hook, an interesting strainer which looked as though it might have been a type of mud box, a chimney and several windlasses. You can also see shoals of enormous carp.

I've fallen in plenty of times, but never off of a boat...

What does that make me? :lol:

A rather too enthusiastic visitor of your nearest pub ?

At certain times of the year when the water is cold, the canal becomes crystal clear around Cowroast Lock. I've fished out a tunnel hook, an interesting strainer which looked as though it might have been a type of mud box, a chimney and several windlasses. You can also see shoals of enormous carp.

The largest single item we ever pulled out at Cow Roast, (with great difficulty!) was all the steelwork associated with the drop down ramp from the front of a small WW2 landing craft.

There was one of those converted to a house boat up there for many years, that had been on the mooring we later had. Obviously when the owner decided the front was to be replaced with something permanently attached, the easiest solution was just to let it fall to the bottom.

It was on the bank for a long while after that, but presumably either removed by BW, (or put back in the cut!), when they flattened all the banks at that end of the moorings.

I'll own up to having swam the width of the winding hole all those years ago - Mr mayall will now inform the authorities about which bye-law I was breaking! (Several, probably!).