Gongoozler - Braunston

scrumpylurcher

Featured Posts

Wow you have FRIED BREAD there! I've not seen that included in a supposed 'full English Breakfast' for years. Not even in Badsey's Bistro!

I obviously need to move to Braunston.

Oiy Ref - Yellow Card there -

Badseys menu has always said "if you don't see your favourite - Just Ask".

Fried bread often included for some of our regulars. Obviously you're a very shy chap.

But to be serious -

I am pleased to say that I have had the occassional excellent breakfast at the Gongoozler.

Good Luck to them.

• Greenie 1

Oiy Ref - Yellow Card there -

Badseys menu has always said "if you don't see your favourite - Just Ask".

Fried bread often included for some of our regulars. Obviously you're a very shy chap.

But to be serious -

I am pleased to say that I have had the occassional excellent breakfast at the Gongoozler.

Good Luck to them.

I'll call in next time I'm up - are you north of the locks?.

I've eaten at too many Little Chef's while,on the road and always look for local independent cafes.

The Co-op Cafe at Castle Donington does fried bread wirh their breakfast. Just a 5 mile walk from The Trent at Sawley!

Good to know :cheers: But Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese tell me they DO NOT put the american obscenity of Hash browns on it and then call it an English breakfast as so many do now :wacko:

I'll call in next time I'm up - are you north of the locks?.

I've eaten at too many Little Chef's while,on the road and always look for local independent cafes.

Badseys is at Hillmorton in the middle of the lock flight.

ps. another satisfied customer of both establishments.

Good to know :cheers: But Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese tell me they DO NOT put the american obscenity of Hash browns on it and then call it an English breakfast as so many do now :wacko:

They sell it as an "item" breakfast. X items for £y.

Hash Browns are a choice but it is not described as an English breakfast either.

The only down side is staff friendliness or lack of. Could be just that I speak funny to them here.

• 2 months later...
They sell it as an "item" breakfast. X items for £y. Hash Browns are a choice but it is not described as an English breakfast either. The only down side is staff friendliness or lack of. Could be just that I speak funny to them here.

Tesco Wellingborough on the banks of the Nene gave me two hash browns, two black puddings, two fired eggs easy over, two rashers of bacon and a pot of tea for £1.50 a week ago. That might be a Midlantic breakfast but it was proper boatman's fare. It's a new promotion which MAY be countrywide, I passed on the fried bread which always makes me fart. I HATE Tesco but if they wanna give it away I want to be in the queue. BTW, someone up=river complained that hash browns are Merricun. They're not. They're Irish, but the NAME there is prátai brúscar or at least that was my granny's name for them.

EDIT 24/0740: In the interests of accuracy! just found the actual receipt. The breakfast was £1.50. But the pot was of tea was an extra 90p. Still £2.40 is about the price of a sarnie in Subway/Greggs.

Edited by Pentargon