Good sales line?

Strads

Featured Posts

Just happened accross this advert on apollo duck

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=130314

Not exactly making me want to "buy" with the lack of details on actual builder, engine, fitout / layout

and one ok piccy...

It may well be the pooches deliacte bits, but on reading the advert, you wouldnt actually know...

Still approaching the season to be jolly, :lol:

Theophilus is a true little northwich replica and fully fitted for residential use, beware of cheap imitations as this a genuine little northwich replica.

lifted from the ad.

oxymoron anyone? :lol:

Compared to the claims made by most of the washer Josher builders, this one is probably the most valid.

Aha... thanks for the link PJ... i hadnt read that thread...

case of near deja vu,

still - would reccomend Gary adds a few details if he genuinely wants to get folks interested as its still a serious price for what sounds like a good boat..

Just happened accross this advert on apollo duck

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=130314

Not exactly making me want to "buy" with the lack of details on actual builder, engine, fitout / layout

and one ok piccy...

It may well be the pooches deliacte bits, but on reading the advert, you wouldnt actually know...

Still approaching the season to be jolly, :lol:

It amazes me how many boats there are on there with a free ad one photo advert - you would think that if somebody was wanting £150k for a boat they'd invest in a decent ad. - yes you can get more details and photos if needed but it's a bit of a cheapskate way of going about things IMHO.

Aha... thanks for the link PJ... i hadnt read that thread...

case of near deja vu,

still - would reccomend Gary adds a few details if he genuinely wants to get folks interested as its still a serious price for what sounds like a good boat..

This boat will sell by word of mouth.

The right person will come along eventually, big glossy ad or not.

This boat will sell by word of mouth.

The right person will come along eventually, big glossy ad or not.

Indeed, and if you are interested you'll want to go down and visit the boat anyway.

I must agree with the AD text, it got me wondering if it was an original hull on my way past. I guessed it was a copy thanks to the lack of wear and tear.

Mike

I've only boated past it, (slowing a little of course :lol: ), but all I can say is that unlike most so called "replicas", the only immediate way I could tell this was not a proper Northwich boat was the fact it is just too perfectly straight and un-dented.

It really is very convincing, although the fact that it has been given the name of one of the surviving Middle Northwich motors did initially confuse the Hell out of me.

It looks far more worth a six figure price tag than many things masquerading at that price point.

(All in my opinion of course, and I have not a clue what the inside might be like, or even how engined).

Should not be sold as buider "Northwich" though, IMO!

This is the second advert for this boat. The first advert was a "featured" ad with a lot more information and also a good collection of pictures.

I've just tried to find it on Apolloduck but couldn't, so I'm guessing it has expired as it has been up for sale for a while now but you can see more pictures and a bit more info on the Brinklow Boat Services website HERE.