GOOD NEWS FOR GREENLIFE BOAT !!!

Roger t' Bodger

Featured Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Leicester City Council's Riverside Ranger's project, the Geenlife Boat, was granted £46,500 towards a 'raft' of improvements for the River Soar in Leicester.

Dscf4650.jpg

Here's the Community Cash Back press release statement :-

• The Green Lifeboat - awarded £46,500 to expand their existing project to clear up the river and canals of Leicester, removing rubbish and tackling the anti-social behaviour which leads to it through education and awareness raising. This successful scheme has already been running for 15 years but has lacked the funding to undertake widespread awareness raising and to tackle some sections of the river and canals which are worst affected and most difficult to clean.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Adrian Lane's email announcing the award;-

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say thank-you to all of you who voted for the GreenLife Boat project as a response to my email some time back and to let you know it has been announced today that we have been successful.

We have gained £46,500 which will be spent on boats to allow us to get into new areas and educational support items to help us spread the message to stop the problem before it occurs.

What we have gained is not the solution but a means to enable us to tackle areas of the problem we have never been able to address and start to solve it (much more work to do for the volunteers who are the most important element).

Thanks again for everyone's support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whoever sat through my videos and took the trouble to vote, pat yourself on the back as you helped win nearly half of the cash available through this scheme to which 70 project applied, which is an astonishing achievement!!!!!!!!!!

See them in action here :- http://www.vimeo.com/6793020

Who says that Crime doesn't pay! :lol:

Edited by Roger t' Bodger

I am pleased to announce that the Leicester City Council's Riverside Ranger's project, the Geenlife Boat, was granted £46,500 towards a 'raft' of improvements for the River Soar in Leicester.

Dscf4650.jpg

Here's the Community Cash Back press release statement :-

• The Green Lifeboat - awarded £46,500 to expand their existing project to clear up the river and canals of Leicester, removing rubbish and tackling the anti-social behaviour which leads to it through education and awareness raising. This successful scheme has already been running for 15 years but has lacked the funding to undertake widespread awareness raising and to tackle some sections of the river and canals which are worst affected and most difficult to clean.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Adrian Lane's email announcing the award;-

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say thank-you to all of you who voted for the GreenLife Boat project as a response to my email some time back and to let you know it has been announced today that we have been successful.

We have gained £46,500 which will be spent on boats to allow us to get into new areas and educational support items to help us spread the message to stop the problem before it occurs.

What we have gained is not the solution but a means to enable us to tackle areas of the problem we have never been able to address and start to solve it (much more work to do for the volunteers who are the most important element).

Thanks again for everyone's support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whoever sat through my videos and took the trouble to vote, pat yourself on the back as you helped win nearly half of the cash available through this scheme to which 70 project applied, which is an astonishing achievement!!!!!!!!!!

See them in action here :- http://www.vimeo.com/6793020

Who says that Crime doesn't pay! :lol:

Just watched it again well done :lol:

I've just spoken with an elated Adrian who said that there was £96.000 in the pot and 70 organisations bidding for it. The Greenlife boat got 530 votes and just under 50% of the funds with £46.500!

Thank you everyone who voted (which accounted for much of the total)

Can anyone work out what each vote brought in? 2006_0124Canal1610060040.jpg

3 years ago by Echo Bridge where the pennywort was trying to take over

Edited by Roger t' Bodger

If 530 votes brought in £46500, that's £87.75 per vote!

Well done! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am surprised that we did not get more than 530 votes. I reckon I did 40 of those myself...

Well, praps not quite that much, but lots anyway.

Fantastic result!

Nick

I am surprised that we did not get more than 530 votes. I reckon I did 40 of those myself...

yes I voted 3 times a day (broadband and 2 mobile accounts) so maybe you were only allowed 1 vote, after all.

Now Greenlife have got £46,500, they're worth suing, for my RSI. :lol:

RSI ?

Repetative Strain Injury ( keyboard related voting!)

Way to Go Roger!

Gosh!... with Carls Superman stunt, this community success, and Lady Mucks dog rescue, I reckon we should haul Canal World Forum up to the UN Summit?

We Have Power!!

I second this a great week for boating and boaters :lol:

Yes those locals do like a good splash, as another shopping trolley is chucked in.

On the rare occassion when there is thick ice in the cut, it is interesting to see what they have found to throw at the ice to break it! I'm sure that some of the objects have been brought a considerable distance in a failed attempt to break the ice. The crap sits there until the weather warms and it then sinks to the bottom. But no more, as the Rangers and volunteers will have the resources to be raking it in and collecting it before it fouls the water.