switch location

Featured Posts

The switch for my immersion heater was located in the airing cupboard. I have moved it into the bathroom. it's location is such that it shouldnt be splashed - is this likely to be a problem when i renew my safety certificate. In anticipation thank you

Ideally it should be outside the bathroom, but depending in which 'zone' it is in within the bathroom, it may comply.

The switch for my immersion heater was located in the airing cupboard. I have moved it into the bathroom. it's location is such that it shouldnt be splashed - is this likely to be a problem when i renew my safety certificate. In anticipation thank you

It should be visible to any one working on the immersion heater - to ensure it cannot be switched on by others.

Alex

Ideally it should be outside the bathroom, but depending in which 'zone' it is in within the bathroom, it may comply.

Does the BSS actually care about such things?

I've not looked recently, but my memory was of almost s*d all on 240 volt electrics, and certainly nothing as specific as switch placement.

All the documents are available online. so you can always check latest situation for yourself.

Does the BSS actually care about such things?

I've not looked recently, but my memory was of almost s*d all on 240 volt electrics, and certainly nothing as specific as switch placement.

All the documents are available online. so you can always check latest situation for yourself.

Alan, I wasn't refering to BSS regs. as such. More landlubbery. Common sense dictates that you shouldnt have anything not LV or IP rated anywhere near water, however the 17th Edition allows for outlets in bathrooms in new installations DEPENDING ON THEIR POSITION as everything should be RCD protected... Beggered if I would though..

Alan, I wasn't refering to BSS regs. as such. More landlubbery. Common sense dictates that you shouldnt have anything not LV or IP rated anywhere near water, however the 17th Edition allows for outlets in bathrooms in new installations DEPENDING ON THEIR POSITION as everything should be RCD protected... Beggered if I would though..

I would join your club any day, 13 socket in bathroom, hair dryer, straighteners, geto blaster, I better buy an extension lead with multiple outlets. It looks like it will balance on the bath OK, Whoops

I would join your club any day, 13 socket in bathroom, hair dryer, straighteners, geto blaster, I better buy an extension lead with multiple outlets. It looks like it will balance on the bath OK, Whoops

Thanks for your valued input :lol:

Talking about boats, the issue with BSC relates to the position, security and insulation of 240V installation.

The building regs. ditate where the switch must be fitted, which might be an issue if it is residential.

Needless to say it is a good idea to make sure it complies with both!