Mobile coverage on the western K&A

deletedaccount

Featured Posts

So I'm switching from Orange because they're a bunch of lying bastards. But their coverage of the canal was usually but not always okish, at least for calls. My 3 dongle is next to useless out of town.

Anyone got an opinion on Vodafone or O2? This is for calls and internet.

Dont know but i can hazard a guess it will not be 3 :lol:

Between which points on the K and A ? Probably more west than we got to ( around Caen Flight) but 3 was OK up to that point from the Thames, although I suppose not far from towns for much of that section..

Nick

Edited by Nickhlx

Between which points on the K and A ? Probably more west than we got to ( around Caen Flight) but 3 was OK up to that point from the Thames, although I suppose not far from towns for much of that section..

Nick

Of all the places I've tried I've not got a 3 signal anywhere west of devizes other than in the middle of bath.

Thats because 3 are rubbish. I can get signal in my bedroom at home but not anywhere downstairs. I can get signal in one side of my boat on her home mooring but not the other, nowhere can we get decent signal on the Witham. Very hit and miss and i will certainly be swapping provider at the end of this contract.

Thats because 3 are rubbish. I can get signal in my bedroom at home but not anywhere downstairs. I can get signal in one side of my boat on her home mooring but not the other, nowhere can we get decent signal on the Witham. Very hit and miss and i will certainly be swapping provider at the end of this contract.

did they just move the Kennet and Avon canal to your bedroom?

Bear in mind that Three (Hutchinson Telecom) don't have their own 2G network, as far as I'm aware, they handoff 2G coverage to O2.

In the early days, their call setup was a bit slow for roaming, so a voice call would drop if you roamed from Three to O2 in the middle of a call, but that seems to be fixed these days.

They've still (arguably) got the largest 3G/UTMS network in the UK - although Voda are a close second.

IMHO, AFAIK etc etc

PC

PS: Three's coverage maps are reasonably accurate too, if you apply common sense with respect to height of surrounding land in your location.

Bear in mind that Three (Hutchinson Telecom) don't have their own 2G network, as far as I'm aware, they handoff 2G coverage to O2.

In the early days, their call setup was a bit slow for roaming, so a voice call would drop if you roamed from Three to O2 in the middle of a call, but that seems to be fixed these days.

They've still (arguably) got the largest 3G/UTMS network in the UK - although Voda are a close second.

IMHO, AFAIK etc etc

PC

PS: Three's coverage maps are reasonably accurate too, if you apply common sense with respect to height of surrounding land in your location.

My house it at the top of a hill. It still dont bloody work

Don't talk about 3G.......3 times grot.

Just bought a second hand phone, totally legally, that was on their system, and they have blocked it because, to quote their nice foreign lady "you have to get the permission from the original contract holder to transfer it to you!". Then said they could not confirm whether the phone was reported stolen or not because of the Data Protection Act. FFS!!

Letter off to their CEO tonight.