How do you get your post?

Smelly

How do you receive your mail?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. If you want to suggest me up alternatives please do!

• PO Box/MBE
    • Resi Mooring with post box
    • Mate/partner/kids/parents c/o
    • work
    • BW office
    • still own property on land

Featured Posts

Following on from my work thing elsewhere I need to ask a simple question. People can happily remain anonymous or feel free to comment. I'm not really trying to make a point here, just gather some anonymised evidence really but by voting you will be helping someone out.

Mods, I believe you can only vote once on a poll, if one of you could confirm it I'd be grateful.

I hope this works, I can't see the poll window in the preview.

Edited by Smelly

Following on from my work thing elsewhere I need to ask a simple question. People can happily remain anonymous or feel free to comment. I'm not really trying to make a point here, just gather some anonymised evidence really but by voting you will be helping someone out.

Mods, I believe you can only vote once on a poll, if one of you could confirm it I'd be grateful.

I hope this works, I can't see the poll window in the preview.

I get mine at work as well!

I will vote for "work" but most of my post goes via my Dad's house (you haven't listed c/o parents as an option) where I still officially live. The reality is slightly more complicated as I spend about a quarter of my time there, about half my time on the boat, and the remaining quarter in hotels working away from both homes.

most of my post goes via my Dad's house (you haven't listed c/o parents as an option) where I still officially live.

That would be "Mate/partner/kids c/o"

Edited by WotEver

Admittedly I've been a bit hasty. It might have been easier to exclude the qualification and just put c/o but in the flash of inspiration I didn't think about it too hard.

Thank you for your votes so far, keep 'em coming it's all in a good cause!

Admittedly I've been a bit hasty. It might have been easier to exclude the qualification and just put c/o but in the flash of inspiration I didn't think about it too hard.

Thank you for your votes so far, keep 'em coming it's all in a good cause!

Just because someone chooses to live on a boat doesn't necessarily mean that they don't own property or premises that can be used as a postal address. Our liveaboard 'next-door' neighbours at Cropredy have a property that is rented out but they still use it as a postal address. We have other friends who live on their boat but have business premises that they use as a postal address - I guess that may count as work. Nevertheless, I think there should be a category for liveaboards who also own or rent a land-based property that is used for their mail.

We used to have all our post delivered to work, as we were discribed as 'not officially living at the mooring'. Since, our local (very understanding) postman has agreed to deliver any mail to a communial post box on site. Definately makes life easier.

Edited by blackelle123

DVLA had Braunston Post Office as my address for many years.

Apparently the mail box is not acceptable as an address for our driving licences as they need an address that they can get hold of us at any time. I explained that the address currently on my licence is over 100 miles away and that I get mail from the mail box twice a week and they still wouldn't have it. At this point they had our licences and refused to change the address so I said, fine send them back to the addresses on them (Paul's parents' and my dad's). They then sent them to the mail box but with the old addresses on. I gave up!

Just because someone chooses to live on a boat doesn't necessarily mean that they don't own property or premises that can be used as a postal address. Our liveaboard 'next-door' neighbours at Cropredy have a property that is rented out but they still use it as a postal address. We have other friends who live on their boat but have business premises that they use as a postal address - I guess that may count as work. Nevertheless, I think there should be a category for liveaboards who also own or rent a land-based property that is used for their mail.

Hokay!

edit... although I was hping you'd confirm one member one vote as well! :lol:

Edited by Smelly

Apparently the mail box is not acceptable as an address for our driving licences as they need an address that they can get hold of us at any time.

Does that mean if you are No Fixed Abode you are not allowed a driving licence?

We have a MBE box in Brum, but also use the in-laws address for stuff that we may need urgently. And DVLA. DVLA don't like Mail Boxes Etc!

Have lived aboard for three years now and have MBE address and no problems with DVLA

I use my mum's address for my boring mail, which is fairly limited, marina for erm nothing and parcels delivered to work (waiting for parcels to go south and then up here is a pain). My mum's ace - she sends me a text to tell me what's arrived and I normally just collect it when I eventually visit. If it sounds interesting or important she posts it to work for me :lol:

I did try insuring my old car to here and one insurance co refused as it wasn't a "proper" address. Ah well someone else got the business so it wasn't too much of a hardship.

Previous (but one) marina was fine for post so everything went there. In fact I bet I still have some going there :lol: