Unlicenced boats

Chris Hurst

Featured Posts

:lol: Well once more we came through Nottingham and the same boats are still taking up residence in the same places as last time we came through,the count is always the same 10-12 boats of which several are liveaboards or watergypsys that usually contaminate the bankside with debris junk scrap and old batteries.Go through the city centre lock which should really be a showpiece and it is a disgrace right under the waterway office block.When are these water polluting rotting hulks going to be removed from our systems? thereby freeing up moorings for licence paying boaters?As we move out of Nottingham Beeston looms andwhat an eyesore once more junk boats unlicenced surrond the lock moorings idiots barbaqueing on the lock approaches ! cmon BW get some policing done and soon or else we are going to end up with no go areas on our waterways just like we have in the city,s this is purely because no one is prepared to stand up and say OH STOP, THAT IS NOT ALLOWED

:lol: Well once more we came through Nottingham and the same boats are still taking up residence in the same places as last time we came through,the count is always the same 10-12 boats of which several are liveaboards or watergypsys that usually contaminate the bankside with debris junk scrap and old batteries.Go through the city centre lock which should really be a showpiece and it is a disgrace right under the waterway office block.When are these water polluting rotting hulks going to be removed from our systems? thereby freeing up moorings for licence paying boaters?As we move out of Nottingham Beeston looms andwhat an eyesore once more junk boats unlicenced surrond the lock moorings idiots barbaqueing on the lock approaches ! cmon BW get some policing done and soon or else we are going to end up with no go areas on our waterways just like we have in the city,s this is purely because no one is prepared to stand up and say OH STOP, THAT IS NOT ALLOWED

Do not despair citizen, help is at hand. HOLY JOE will fight the itinerants in his quest to rid the waterways of those he has decided to squash under his superhero thumb.

Just out of curiosity, did you make a report to BW about them.

29387[/snapback]

oh come on cant we leave this crap to nbw and the other fella

why does everyone want to be a policeman of the waterways,get on with your boating .if what others are doing is all i had to worry about.

no go area,s where? lets keep it real.

so someone had a bbq-lets shoot the bastards then

once more passing through,if it causes such heartbreak dont go there.

Edited by gaggle

I can see what Chris is getting at. It is just not fair!

Gaggle, I can see your point of view, but if we just leave them to get on with it, these types of people will just make a mess of everything, take more moorings up, and generally give the area a bad name and make it look untidy. Why should we have to continue to another not so good mooring outside of the town or village because of some selfish bugger!

There's an on going problem close to where I keep my boat. There are some really lovely moorings in a little village and, time after time, it is occupied by the same old boats. Not fair!

The more of you that complain to BW the better.. I can't do that in my case, unfortunately, as I have the bad luck of having a mooring on the Bridgewater and Peel Holdings are not exactly canal friendly... to put it blunty they're assholes only interested in property, which is another story completely..

:lol:

My biggest concern with unlicenced boats is that they probably have no safety certificate or insurance. I know it is less likely than a road traffic accident for instance, but how would we feel if our boat were in some way affected by their boat to find that we had an uninsured loss on our hands?

oh come on cant we leave this crap to nbw and the other fella

why does everyone want to be a policeman of the waterways,get on with your boating .if  what others are doing is all i had to worry about.

no go area,s  where? lets keep it real.

so someone had a bbq-lets shoot the bastards then

once more passing through,if it causes such heartbreak dont go there.

29414[/snapback]

So how many times have you been thro Beeston/Nottingham i sugest you try it and where do you stop your boat and get off to work the locks when all the moorings are taken by idiots bbq ing as for shooting them yes give me the gun ill do it it wont take me many shots to sink the rotting hulks and then what no insurance great one less-pass me some more cartridges this is becoming fun.

So how many times have you been thro Beeston/Nottingham i sugest you try it and where do you stop your boat and get off to work the locks when all the moorings are taken by idiots bbq ing as for shooting them yes give me the gun ill do it it wont take me many shots to sink the rotting hulks and then what no insurance great one less-pass me some more cartridges this is becoming fun.

It's like looking in a mirror :lol:

Blimey - I had no idea! Thought everyone slowed right down and chilled out on the waterways. I know I do. I can just imagine some of you, floating by snootily, looking down on every bit of scratched paintwork, full of loathing for anyone living differently to you. Are all you haters, full-time liveabords or casuals? I'd be interested to know. As someone who will be living on board next year, I respect anyone who has chosen this lifestyle, regardless of whether they are licenced or not (that's bw's job to monitor - they don't need a tin-pot army of informers doing it for them) and will wave hello! Nothing any of you sour-pusses say will make me so embittered.

Blimey - I had no idea! Thought everyone slowed right down and chilled out on the waterways. I know I do. I can just imagine some of you, floating by snootily, looking down on every bit of scratched paintwork, full of loathing for anyone living differently to you.

(that's bw's job to monitor - they don't need a tin-pot army of informers doing it for them) and will wave hello! Nothing any of you sour-pusses say will make me so embittered.

29434[/snapback]

bang on carrie.

i dont know what the hell is wrong with some people,i cant wait to get afloat and meet up with some of these self rightious know everything do gooders.

they will be twittering on and on about others for two minutes before i tell them what i think of them and their attitudes.

i can only hope they are all old,very old people and wont be around for long. :lol:

Blimey - I had no idea! Thought everyone slowed right down and chilled out on the waterways. I know I do. I can just imagine some of you, floating by snootily, looking down on every bit of scratched paintwork, full of loathing for anyone living differently to you. Are all you haters, full-time liveabords or casuals? I'd be interested to know. As someone who will be living on board next year, I respect anyone who has chosen this lifestyle, regardless of whether they are licenced or not (that's bw's job to monitor - they don't need a tin-pot army of informers doing it for them) and will wave hello! Nothing any of you sour-pusses say will make me so embittered.

Carrie: You seem to be viewing everything in black & white.

We do not look down on every boat with a little scratch on it - my boat isn't exactly pristine. What the vast majority of people do object to is being ripped off by oters who don't care a toss for you. The sort of boaters talked about here are not true canal users they are just abusing you, me and the system. If you think it is ok for a boater to moor his unlicenced, uninsured boat, with no mooring permit on a visitor mooring for weeks on end, then how would you feel if everyone did it? Why don't we all say "sod it" and not pay our licence or mooring fees next year. And after all, if they do crash into your boat, then well, so it goes. It's only a few thousand pounds worth of damage - you will save that by not paying your own way!

Would you be happy if a bunch of itinerants parked up outside your house and crapped in your front garden?

In this country we are all members of a society which exists by and large through cooperation. If you are not prepared to be part of that society, then be prepared to be demonised.

As for BW - yes it is their job, but if boaters don't make ity an issue, they will look at more important things (in their eyes) like building more flats or offices over locks.

In this country we are all members of a society which exists by and large through cooperation. If you are not prepared to be part of that society, then be prepared to be demonised.

29445[/snapback]

do what we want you to do -be part of the pack or you cant play.

we know best

welcome to hell

A Hell created by the unconforming minority

Surely it's the non-conformists that are responsible for all the great scientific advances over the history of mankind. If it wasn't for someone saying "I wonder what would happen if I did this..........................................." we would still be living in caves.

Leonardo Da Vinci was often scorned, but he had forward thinking vision that surpassed all others in his generation. This made him, in the eyes of society, a non-conformist.

Edited by Maffi

Surely it's the non-conformists that are responsible for all the great scientific advances over the history of mankind. If it wasn't for someone saying "I wonder what would happen if I did this..........................................." we would still be living in caves.

Leonardo Da Vinci was often scorned, but he had forward thinking vision that surpassed all others his generation. This made him, in the eyes of society, a non-conformist.

29455[/snapback]

But he didn' t moor his boat in Nottingham!

i have never followed the script in my life and i have no intention of starting now.

other people may do as they wish- live and let live within reason.

i dont wish to change they way others live and expect the same back.

if my boat caught fire and one of these so called scruffy canal dwellers was pulling me from the flames i am not going to say go away scruffy person i am waiting for a fully licenced,insured boater to save me.

the fully licenced fully insured one would probably headed in the opposite direction anyway.

i look forward to having a drink with all types of people on the cut black, white, rich, poor, boaters, fishermen and if i come across the odd tramp i am more than likely to bring him or her aboard for a bit of food a drink and good wishes and good luck as he leaves,we are all one step away from disasters that put us in the shoes of less fortunate people.

while you are looking down on others be mindful of what is coming your way from above

A Hell created by the unconforming minority

29451[/snapback]

Its the unconforming who facilitiate great paradigm shifts in the way society sees things. Many people are stultifying because they are wearing glasses that mean they Kant see their way forward. VS is a conformist who causes mayhem in more ways than one - in other words he hasnt made a single valid contribution to the world at all - except to be the master of cere-moanies (other noted celebrities include bust-yer-gut and the bloke without a 't.' :lol:

Having just spent 5 weeks on the cut I to was astounded at the number of unlicenced boats about, why do the minority think they can get free what others have to pay for? They will be wanting free fuel next!!! If you feel strongly about the problem then write to the Chairman of BW, Mr Tony Hales, British Waterways, Willow Grange, Church Road, Watford. WD17 4QA. I intend to, and the more people who do the better. There is also a licence evasion hotline number on the back of your licence holder. And for those without a licence the address above is where you get one!! And if you think the waterways are so 'laid back' that crime, law and rule breaking go unnoticed then you are mistaken.

having spent most days on the cut for the last six months i have not seen one single boat licence out of date,why because it is none of my biz so i aint been inspecting other peoples property.

one question-if you are sitting on your boat and someone come along and leans across to your boat peering in your window what do you do?

do you sit back and relax saying oh it is only some nosey parker inspecting my licence or do you jump up thinking who the **** is this meathead and what does he think he is doing.

or do you email bw incident room and the police to inform them that a prowler/peeping tom/sex case is around your boat.

do you then take action to defend yourself and your property?

Carrie: You seem to be viewing everything in black & white.

If that's not black and white, I don't know what is! I do understand your annoyance dor, - but let's get this in perspective - that's all it is. An occasional annoyance which you can gently pass by, leaving bw to sort it if they want the revenue enough. As for people crapping in my garden - well, that's just never happened, like most of your 'worse-case scenarios'! One peeed in the street outside my house once, then he went away, never to be seen again. :lol:

i have never followed the script in my life and i have no intention of starting now.

other people may do as they wish- live and let live within reason.

i dont wish to change they way others live and expect the same back.

if my boat caught fire and one of these so called scruffy canal dwellers was  pulling me from the flames i am not going to say go away scruffy person i am waiting for a fully licenced,insured boater to save me.

the fully licenced fully insured one would probably headed in the opposite direction anyway.

i look forward to having a drink with all types of people on the cut black, white, rich, poor, boaters, fishermen and if i come across the odd tramp i am more than likely to bring him or her aboard for a bit of food a drink and good wishes and good luck as he leaves,we are all one step away from disasters that put us in the shoes of less fortunate people.

while you are looking down on others be mindful of what is coming your way from above

29467[/snapback]

Please dont get on the same plane as me

having spent most days on the cut for the last six months i have not seen one single boat licence out of date,why because it is none of my biz so i aint been inspecting other peoples property.

one question-if you are sitting on your boat and someone come along and  leans across to your boat peering in your window what do you do?

do you sit back and relax saying oh it is only some nosey parker inspecting my licence or do you jump up thinking who the **** is this meathead and what does he think he is doing.

or do you email bw incident room and the police to inform them that a prowler/peeping tom/sex case is around your boat.

do you then take action to defend yourself and your property?

29481[/snapback]

Gaggle try getting out more and go see a doctor youre really sick in the head

29434[/snapback]

Ok so where do they pump out ? or how do they empty the porta poti? on the bank where else nice folk eh and do they take thier rubbish to the skip do they hell its over the hedge or in the canal times ive got clothing and bedding round the prop in nottingham proves my point.so i suggest you forget about paintwork and worry about your health and your kids when mooring up next time.