Inverter agro-

Mary 1

Featured Posts

You are all going to be so proud of me, I have now rung Mr Hill, and spoken to his secretary, who was very nice to me, and assured me that Mr Hill will be very cross to hear all about this problem. She assured me that safety is of paramount importance, had I not had all your help here on the forum, I could just of easily joined the thing up with the crocks, had some sparks, and set fire to all the boats on brokerage etc etc, it does not bare thinking about really.I am now doing an email to Mr Hill, and the sec knows of this forum, so I told her where all the talk is about this problem, I am sure she will have a look, so watch this space. Thank you all again for this very great help.

Mary 1

You are all going to be so proud of me, I have now rung Mr Hill, and spoken to his secretary, who was very nice to me, and assured me that Mr Hill will be very cross to hear all about this problem. She assured me that safety is of paramount importance, had I not had all your help here on the forum, I could just of easily joined the thing up with the crocks, had some sparks, and set fire to all the boats on brokerage etc etc, it does not bare thinking about really.I am now doing an email to Mr Hill, and the sec knows of this forum, so I told her where all the talk is about this problem, I am sure she will have a look, so watch this space. Thank you all again for this very great help.

Mary 1

Well done Mary.

Hopefully Mr. Hill will value the reputation of his business more than his employees appear to do.

By the way, you said that you wanted to run a laptop, DVD and TV. The 300W (for 30 minutes!) unit that you have been offered is not even up to this modest requirement. Insist on an Adverc or equivalent as advertised.

Good luck!

Now had a response from Mr Hill, he says he is going to look into it.

Mary1

Joke, Mr Hill now says he can't find anything about a Mastervolt Inverter in the adds, he has not mentioned the year it was built. I am sure its cos I am a woman, that they treated me like this, I haven't even had the contract back saying the sale has been completed, nor any receipt for the money either. So I am not going to move the boat till it is all sorted out. I am going to try and speak to him on the phone tomorrow, I have also resent the sales spec.

Mary 1

This is utterly dsgraceful.

Maybe he'd change his tune if one morning he received a flood of dozens of emails from members of this forum, telling him what we think of his actions. It wouldn't take long to organise something like that.

This is utterly dsgraceful.

Maybe he'd change his tune if one morning he received a flood of dozens of emails from members of this forum, telling him what we think of his actions. It wouldn't take long to organise something like that.

Well here is his email

chris@newandusedboat.co.uk

I am so sad to think this lovely boat, which I was so looking forward to, has been such a miserable purchase from the start, His team don't take any pride in there jobs, I have paid in total, and never even seen the sides, let alone had a canal trial, as the day it was arranged for, they had jamed the boat in so it could not be got out easily by the ailing owner, who had done nearly 200 miles to come and meet me. It seems to me I was almost bullied into paying for the boat, are they on commission these sales guys.

mary1

This is what is said to me when I ask him if he wants a cup of tea !!!

m

:lol: but how come, when I make a cup of tea, I automatically make swmbo one, without asking, but, when she makes one, she always asks me if I want one?

I know that, if we're not drinking a cup of tea, then we're waiting for our beloved to get up and make one.

Maybe she's in denial about our tea addiction??

Mary is the survey being done tomorrow? I think you said the 23rd. Please be there when it is done you may get support from your surveyor.

Sue

No its not being done at all. I felt as the engine a Perkins had only done 500 hours from new, and I will need the bottom blacked this year, I would not have one, It is a very genuine boat, Owned from new by a cabinet maker, working on fit outs, Engineer same from the build. I did think it safe to trust them. I have had two previous nb's and only ever had one surveyed, I know you may disagree with me, but the quality is in the finish, and the owner and engineer worked together, it is full of all the things you need to keep in tip top condition, paints brushes oil all new too. Spare cables pumps to much to list here, But to go and buy again £2000 +. I just want an Inverter, as the spec said.

Mary1

You know when people say there is one born every min? Well you seem to be about half an hours worth. Sorry but they are taking you for an expensive ride & you then choose not to have a survey done on a £40k plus item that has known faults already & has been miss advertised.

You need your head looking at

OR

I have some great investments I would like you to consider.

Justme

Mary the decision not to have a survey done after the way you have been treated really does begger belief :lol: .Frankly i would not buy a wheelbarrow from them

Mick

I could not agree more. Get a survey done, especially considering all the agro you have had!

I have to agree, if you are prepared to continue to buy this boat from this "Broker"

Listen to people on this forum, not salesmens who are scatching a living.

Martyn

I HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE TO PAY, THRETENED IF I DIDN'T, THEY WOULD READVERTISE IT FOR THE EASTER WEEKEND.

m

I HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE TO PAY, THRETENED IF I DIDN'T, THEY WOULD READVERTISE IT FOR THE EASTER WEEKEND.

m

Mary you really do need to READ the many helpful posts that you solicited and that you now choose to ignore.

No-one here is going to benefit from any of the advice, ONLY YOU, yet you seem hell bent on ignoring it.

If you have been 'forced' to pay, 'threatened' if you didn't and told that they would re-advertise if you didn't, that's illegal and if I'm not mistaken a criminal offence.

Your first mistake was paying the last £1k, that was your bargaining tool to get what was advertised, delivered, i.e. the inverter, the correct one not the piece of dangerous junk offered.

The second one is now not having a survey. It may well turn out that the boat is brilliant, but what if it's not, you've already experienced how they deal with a £500 problem, what if it's a £5k problem.

My advice is to seek legal advice NOW about this whole sorry affair, I think if you do that they will be falling over themselves to put things right and more.

With the best intentions

John

Edited by johnjo

Thats the best advice so far, "Get some legal advice" everyone seems quick to hand out advice but I wonder how much of it is based on true knowledge or first hand experience and not anecdote or suposition. Where was the boat advertised?, where you given an oportunity to inspect it or have a survey? please define threatened? Who is the vendor? Why didn't you pull out of the deal if you where not satisfied with the specification? I was always tought that a coin has two sides, so far we have only seen one side of this one. If it's right what they they say about twelve good men and true, then I hope I'm never tried by a jury containing any of you.

If it's right what they they say about twelve good men and true, then I hope I'm never tried by a jury containing any of you.

Hey BigNobby, I think you have a slight misnomer - it should be Small Dickhead!!!!!!!!! :lol: A great first post (ironic humour). It's YOUR supposition (note correct spelling) that none of us knows about correct procedure and advice. You're supposed to at least contribute something useful to the Forum before you start slinging the mud.

PS: in case this new member removes it, his boat name is "Ariadne" based at Rufford, according to his profile.

Edited by chris w

Hey BigNobby, I think you have a slight misnomer - it should be Small Dickhead!!!!!!!!! :lol: A great first post (ironic humour). It's YOUR supposition (note correct spelling) that none of us knows about correct procedure and advice.

PS: in case this new member removes it, his boat name is "Ariadne" based at Rufford, according to his profile.

I was only trying to make the point that there is two sides to every story, I'm sorry I bothered now, are you always this friendly ( ironic humour), has you mother taken your toys away, you know the boat name and where it is so feel free to drop in for a chat you clever boy, I would guess you could do with the company, or maybe the idea of emphasising this information was so that your whole gang could come with you, feel free and bring your lunch.