Inverter agro-

Mary 1

Featured Posts

I'm not sure where we are in revealing who the brokerage is, but putting "R****** S***** canal" into google will identify a particular marina via Jim Shead's website.

That name is instantly recognisable as connecting to a particular brokerage - some of their own advertisements name him, I think, and he has been the subject of various articles in the waterways magazines, I remember.

That name is instantly recognisable as connecting to a particular brokerage - some of their own advertisements name him, I think, and he has been the subject of various articles in the waterways magazines, I remember.

OK Alan, I like your asterixes and have modified my post to match.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mary,

I'm not sure where we are in revealing who the brokerage is, but putting "R****** S***** canal" into google will identify a particular marina via Jim Shead's website. Is that the one you are dealing with? If not, can you take his name out of your post.

Richard

edited to follow Alan's lead

This is the guy, he shouted at me, telling me he was going to remove the battery charger, and put in a tiny cheapest he could fine inverter. He is nothing but a jumped up car sales man.

Mary 1

This is the guy, he shouted at me, telling me he was going to remove the battery charger, and put in a tiny cheapest he could fine inverter. He is nothing but a jumped up car sales man.

Mary 1

Mary,

It's obvious that you were much taken by the boat.

If it were me, and I felt as strongly about the people acting for the seller as you obviously do, I still wouldn't buy it though.

I can't do business with those I feel unable to put some trust in.

With the greatest respect, if your version of things is correct, (and obviously we have not heard the other side of the story), then you do other buyers no favours by giving business to someone you would no doubt argue does not deserve it.

Mary 1

Thanks for clarifying that Mary.

Richard

So as I understand it, you where given the opportunity to inspect the boat, poor weather not withstanding where you prevented from accessing it on an alternative day? ( the weather can hardly be said to be anyones fault), you elected not to have a survey against all sound advice, you where aware that there was no inverter prior to completeing the purchase and you where also aware of the identity of the vendor ( I asume this means that the company where acting on his behalf rather than their own )

None of the above does anything to reduce the broker's obligations under the Trade Descriptions Act.

There is no requirement for the customer to verify the correctness of a trader's description by means of an inspection, a survey or any other method.

Likewise, the fact that a customer may have inspected the boat or had a survey carried out does not reduce the requirement for the trader to provide an accurate description in the first place.

It doesn't matter whether the brokerage company is selling the boat from their own stock or on behalf of the owner. Either way, they are engaged in "trade" and therefore are subject to the provisions of the Act.