Distinctive Charters

waterlily

Featured Posts

Perhaps they have had a glut of trolling emails as a result of the QSS saga and are just fed up with the electronic equivalent of rubber necking.

How are the enquiries rubber necking??? If handled well this could be one of the best bit of free advertising they have ever had. They already have two potential clients here - who are going off them by the hour I might add.

No, not real enquiries as listed here, I am not meaning those, I did not specify them in any way, I just make the general thought that they may have in general recieved a lot of email, some of it perhaps not welcome, but I agree with you that it has got them noticed and may have some positive benefit.

Some people run a business just to earn a living ,they want to chase the pound or grow the business.

the charter people may be happy as they are , are they asking for more boats to go on the books.

Some people run a business just to earn a living ,they want to chase the pound or grow the business.

the charter people may be happy as they are , are they asking for more boats to go on the books.

Indeed yes, that's why I have contacted them. There is a whole section in their web site aimed at Boat Owners, encouraging them to consider letting their boats out.

Although I have only heard the detail through a third party I understand that Distinctive Charters require that your boat is made available for hire for 20 weeks between Easter and October. (although as I stated this has not come direct from them and so could well be incorrect.

I have heard of a case where a boat was made available for the 20 weeks as requested but Distinctive Charters were only able get hire for 4 weeks of that time. I have no way of knowing if that is 100% accurate or not I am afraid.

My thought was that if you had effectively given up the use of your boat for the entire period with the longest days and the potential of the warmest weather and yet it was standing idle I would not be very happy.

It might suit some people where they really need to sell the boat but in the current financial climate it is better to hang onto it and hope a bit of income from it will cover the bills but I suspect it is far from what most people would consider adequate.

It will be interesting to hear how the people who have contacted Distinctive Charters get on and I may find my information to be distorted beyond all credibility!

I have now heard from a Jo Cullen (not Jo King, then?) at Distinctive Charters. She tells me that BW are currently r"reviewing/ changing their requirements" for private boat hire and that she will be in touch after the company's discussions with BW are resolved.

How this is relevant to a boat moored in Norfolk escapes me, but I'll look forward to future instalments of the saga.

How this is relevant to a boat moored in Norfolk escapes me, but I'll look forward to future instalments of the saga.

BW are going to take over the management, of the Broads, from the Broads Authority, to facilitate the completion of the Cambridge-Norwich link.