Swan neck, tiller and rudder

ronie

Featured Posts

Hi,

Just bought a 70ft shell (YAY!) that was a 57' and had been stretched. It has no tiller, rudder or swan neck. Where can we get one from??? I have tried googling and chandlers and cannot find one - unless I am using the wrong terminology!

Any help with where to look and approximate prices would be fab!

Thanks

Ronie

Hi,

Just bought a 70ft shell (YAY!) that was a 57' and had been stretched. It has no tiller, rudder or swan neck. Where can we get one from??? I have tried googling and chandlers and cannot find one - unless I am using the wrong terminology!

Any help with where to look and approximate prices would be fab!

Thanks

Ronie

Midland Chandlers??

The last time I was in the Preston Brook store I remember seeing the rudder post... that which goes from the skeg, up through the uxter plate and onto the cabin, ready for you to fix the rest on to.

I can't remember the exact price but I do remember that I thought it would be more expensive than it was.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies its great! I am told we have a skeg (though I'm still not quite sure what it is!) but other than that need everything else! Gary,I can send a photo of what is(n't!) there and can draw a diagram for getting it made up if you let us know exactly what information is needed - how much approx would it be? Also whereabouts are you? Our boat is currently in Hesford Marina in Lymm, Warrington.

Thanks for all the other tips its nice to have found a supportive place! Am sure we will be on here a lot over the next little while as we get to grips with fitting our boat out!

Ronie

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies its great! I am told we have a skeg (though I'm still not quite sure what it is!) but other than that need everything else! Gary,I can send a photo of what is(n't!) there and can draw a diagram for getting it made up if you let us know exactly what information is needed - how much approx would it be? Also whereabouts are you? Our boat is currently in Hesford Marina in Lymm, Warrington.

Thanks for all the other tips its nice to have found a supportive place! Am sure we will be on here a lot over the next little while as we get to grips with fitting our boat out!

Ronie

If you're at Hesford, couldn't you just ask Evans's to sort it?

Hi,

Though the boat is in hesford, we live in stoke on trent, and so do not know what is around there - who are evans's - and eddie? apologies for the ignorance - the last time we did a boat we had it moved to stoke where we knew all the contacts and shops etc, but this time we want to get it floating and cruise it down rather than pay for a lorry which costs a fortune, so we are trying to do it in an area where we don't know anything!!

Thanks for taking the time to respond though - it is much appreciated!

Ronie

John Evans is the bloke who owns/runs Hesfords.

Eddie Brooke is the bloke who owns and runs Northern Fabrication Services whos base is in Hesfords yard. He also helps John Evans out from time to time with boat building and other welding/fabrication jobs.

John Evans is the bloke who owns/runs Hesfords.

Eddie Brooke is the bloke who owns and runs Northern Fabrication Services whos base is in Hesfords yard. He also helps John Evans out from time to time with boat building and other welding/fabrication jobs.

If I can help at all i would be pleased to my Addres is KEDIAN ENG LTD EMAL KEDIAN@kedian2002.fsnet.co.uk

If I can help at all i would be pleased to my Addres is KEDIAN ENG LTD EMAL KEDIAN@kedian2002.fsnet.co.uk

Thanks for that, and all the other input - will ask at the boat yard when we next go up, as they can actually see what we need, but if they can't help for any reason will be in touch with either gary or kedian to take them up on their offer of help.

Thanks a lot

Ronie