My quandary!

nipper

Featured Posts

Hi all.

I'm in a quandary

I'm off on Water Jester for a couple of weeks, setting off tomorrow and thought I'd use Nick's Canal Planner to help me make my mind up where to go from Gayton Junction.

I have two routes in mind. Gayton Junction to Oxford with maybe a day or so on the Thames if time permits or maybe down the GU and maybe take in The Aylesbury Arm.

Trouble is I seem to be having a little trouble actually getting Nick's site to load.

Is it my old machine or is anyone else having trouble?

Any ideas

Nipper

Not just you. Doesn't seem to want to come out and play for me, either.

Ah! And I've been blaming my old computer!

I'll apologise to it straight away!

Thanks Chris

I believe it's not professionally hosted. I think it just runs off a box in somebody's home.

It hardly has 24 * 7 support, and I think when it does go off air, it's just "best endeavours" to fix it.

You don't realise how useful it is until it's not there!

I believe it's not professionally hosted. I think it just runs off a box in somebody's home.

It hardly has 24 * 7 support, and I think when it does go off air, it's just "best endeavours" to fix it.

You don't realise how useful it is until it's not there!

Try this link, its working at the moment

http://canalplan.tty.org.uk/

Well found.

It has been re-designed as well.

That's the Beta site for the new version which is a total re-write of a lot of stuff that Nick has been planning for ages. So its still got bugs in it so don't be surprised if it throws some odd errors.

The main site is hosted in the US on a friends server in his house and sometimes it goes down and if he is away.......

The beta is also running on a home hosted server (mine in fact!).

That's the Beta site for the new version which is a total re-write of a lot of stuff that Nick has been planning for ages. So its still got bugs in it so don't be surprised if it throws some odd errors.

The main site is hosted in the US on a friends server in his house and sometimes it goes down and if he is away.......

The beta is also running on a home hosted server (mine in fact!).

I have some space and bandwidth that I could offer to host the site if needed. let me know. with a pm (not a home hosted server).

Try this link, its working at the moment

http://canalplan.tty.org.uk/

Have tried to use this, I can get onto the plan route page but it wont calculate.

As already said, and to qute Joni Mitchell, "don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got till it's gone....."

Hope it gets back running soon

Thanks guys,

Adrian

There are DNS issues with the site over in the US which could take a while to resolve

the site on tty.org.uk is a test version for the next release and has a lot of new code in it so isn't fully functional.

If it's just a DNS problem, does anyone know the IP number?

Mike