Pricey Pump Out

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

Kev just texted me to say that Saltisford just charged us £20 for pumpout! :lol: Ay carumba!

Kate Boats do a much more thorough job of it and only charge us £15 usually. We only used Saltisford because we're en route to Hatton Flight. Swines! :lol:

Won't share our poopeedoop with them again! :lol:

Kev just texted me to say that Saltisford just charged us £20 for pumpout! :lol: Ay carumba!

Kate Boats do a much more thorough job of it and only charge us £15 usually. We only used Saltisford because we're en route to Hatton Flight. Swines! :lol:

Blimey that's taking the piss big time :lol:

Used one of those empty into a tank things this year, but prices have varied between £8 and £25, don't usually bother if its over £15 unless desperate, but don't mind if they rinse out well and put plenty of blue in, Alvechurch I thought was worth it!

Makes either getting your own pump out kit or doing the unmentionable worth while.

Sue

Makes either getting your own pump out kit or doing the unmentionable worth while.

Sue

Yeah - although what we'd pump it into is another matter. :lol: Yet to see a self pumpout place on our recent travels on the Stratford Canal or the Warwick-Napton bit of the GU, or up through Hatton towards Kingswood.

Edited by BlueStringPudding

Yeah - although what we'd pump it into is another matter. :lol: Yet to see a self pumpout place on our recent travels on the Stratford Canal or the Warwick-Napton bit of the GU, or up through Hatton towards Kingswood.

We have pumped out at Hatton. I'm at home so haven't records of other places. We always manage to find somewhere.

Sue

We have pumped out at Hatton. I'm at home so haven't records of other places. We always manage to find somewhere.

Sue

Oooh - didn't know you could do it there. Thought it was just Elsan.

Sue

:lol::lol::lol:

What, Morris dancing? Surely not!

The one we ended up with comes with a 5 gallon container you empty like an elsan!

Stourbridge Town Wharf,

The trust here did an excellent job, and gave a good rinse, re-pump and plenty of blue, all for £10

and allowed us to stay on the mooring while we went shopping... a very short walk to high street, they also have a nice canal shop. all this on a wide, pretty canal just a mile from Wordsley Jcn ( or the bottom of Stourbridge 16 if you prefer)

We had our most expensive pump-out ever this summer (about £18) at Harefield, marina.

However, when this antiquated mobile pump-out on a lorry system had finished our persistant list to port that we've had for the last 3 years had gone!

Obviously the diesel powered system was more powerful than the electric PO's we had used previously and had removed something nasty from the bottom of our holding tank.

I've heard of folk lifting a foul sewer drain cover and pumping out into that. Imagine its probably illegal though even if you could find a suitable drain near to the canal.

What boat ideally need is a mini sewage works on board which returns clean water to the canal and solids that you could burn in your boiler!

Edited by bag 'o' bones

"I've heard of folk lifting a foul sewer drain cover and pumping out into that. Imagine its probably illegal"

Given that that is basically what any pump out system does, I cant see why it would be illegal. Pumping into an Elsan 'toilet' can be a problem because the Elsan system itself cannot cope with the volume.

I've heard of folk lifting a foul sewer drain cover and pumping out into that. Imagine its probably illegal though even if you could find a suitable drain near to the canal.

What boat ideally need is a mini sewage works on board which returns clean water to the canal and solids that you could burn in your boiler!

Not to mention finding a continuous cruising forklift!

Better Boating at Caversham point you to the sewer drain cover when you ask for the elsan. They give you the two iron "keys" and you go and lift it yourself. From what I saw ( :lol: ), that's where it all ends up anyway!

J.

The one we ended up with comes with a 5 gallon container you empty like an elsan!

5 gallon container of sh*te hmmm :lol: how about topping it off with an inch of diesel & relabelling the container.

You may just find someone will empty it for you :lol: