Biolet composting toilet

parasal

Featured Posts

I have tried so hard to love my composting toilet but I just keep coming up against problem after problem...they dont even all happen together...its new one after new one!!

At present the liquid which should drain away into a container below is not drawing through and therefore collecting around the inside edge...(only way to get it out is with cloth/syringe/turkey baster-disposed of after!) from where it cannot drain away!

I`m begining to think that there are some serious design faults or I have it wrongly instaled....any one got one that can give me some advice...useful advice and not just to bin it!!

Its a biolet Ne.....

Cheers

Sally

Sorry to say but the dream and reality seem to be rather different, we looked at composting toilets on boats a few years back including from one supplier after much arm bending a list of satisfied customers, the list was short and most weren't contactable of those you could satisfied seemed to mean liked messing about a lot to try and justify installing it.

We never found anyone who claimed to have the perfect working example.

There must be someone though because the importers are still selling them.

:smiley_

Sorry to say but the dream and reality seem to be rather different, we looked at composting toilets on boats a few years back including from one supplier after much arm bending a list of satisfied customers, the list was short and most weren't contactable of those you could satisfied seemed to mean liked messing about a lot to try and justify installing it.

:lol: Sorry but as aanew member I thought this was a good way of ccontacting you quickly. Advice please on whether it is a good idea to have a "bolt on" generator for a live aboard . Barreus Shire 45 is the engine we have in mind.

also seems I have typing problems today. I new the wine would get me eventually :lol:

:smiley_

:lol: Sorry but as aanew member I thought this was a good way of ccontacting you quickly. Advice please on whether it is a good idea to have a "bolt on" generator for a live aboard . Barreus Shire 45 is the engine we have in mind.

Basically I would say yes if you are looking to use it to run a washing or other heavy loads. They aren't a substitute however for good battery management/well planned electrical installation but in my view are a better fixed although more exspensive alternative to the suitcase type petrol generators.

Edited by Gary Peacock

Basically I would say yes if you are looking to use it to run a washing or other heavy loads. They aren't a substitute however for good battery management/well planned electrical installation but in my view are a better fixed although more exspensive alternative to the suitcase type petrol generators.

Thanks for that,we are thinking of having a travel pack as well or is this really "belt and brases" ?

The boat is flat really...

I am determined to beat it and have it working perfectly...just some hair pulling in the meantime!

We have an Envirolet composting Toilet and are also still trying to get it to work well. We have been using it on and off since last October and have experienced the problem with the amount of Liquid building up inside. The only way we found round this was to not "put" too much liquid in! :lol: Where possible when we are in the Marina we use the onsite facillities and only use the Thunder Box when really taken short :lol: or out on the cut.

We have already emptied it once and where very supprised with how "clean" the solid matter was!

We will shortly have both the thunder box and a pump out so will only use the composting toilet when necessary.

Be interested to hear how you get on with yours?

Rgds Mrs Strads

We have an Envirolet composting Toilet and are also still trying to get it to work well. We have been using it on and off since last October and have experienced the problem with the amount of Liquid building up inside. The only way we found round this was to not "put" too much liquid in! :lol: Where possible when we are in the Marina we use the onsite facillities and only use the Thunder Box when really taken short :lol: or out on the cut.

We have already emptied it once and where very supprised with how "clean" the solid matter was!

We will shortly have both the thunder box and a pump out so will only use the composting toilet when necessary.

Be interested to hear how you get on with yours?

Rgds Mrs Strads

The idea of installing an expensive eco-toilet and then having to use the marina facilities in order for the toilet to work properly sort of defeats the object and would irritate the hell out of me! I'd be screaming at the manufacturers or suppliers. I'm glad you're happy with the cleanliness of the compost but if you can't p*ss in your own toilet then what's the point?

Edit: Do the Boilet/Envirolet toilets have fans to evaporate and dry out the contents like some of the other composting toilets?

Edited by blackrose

The idea of installing an expensive eco-toilet and then having to use the marina facilities in order for the toilet to work properly sort of defeats the object and would irritate the hell out of me!

I seem to remember that you have an expensive loo that you said works OK provided you don't put used toilet paper down it. :lol:

Each to their own, I suppose!

I seem to remember that you have an expensive loo that you said works OK provided you don't put used toilet paper down it. :lol:

Just stick to Porta-Potti in my experience. 65 quid from Dave at Limekiln last one I bought and still the glory of the boat in so many ways! :lol: Always works and easy to empty. What's not to like, hmmmm?

Just stick to Porta-Potti in my experience. 65 quid from Dave at Limekiln last one I bought and still the glory of the boat in so many ways! :lol: Always works and easy to empty. What's not to like, hmmmm?

Those "wet tee shirt" moments you have previously reported, perhaps?

No, your memory isn't serving you very well. My toilet works excellently, and like most macerator toilets the manufacturer's instructions do not restrict the use of toilet paper other than excessive amounts of high strength paper such as paper kitchen towels. However, based on my own experience of other macerator toilets I made the personal decision not to put toilet paper down it. Having lived in several Asian countries where either toilet paper is not generally present, or if toilet paper is present one is requested not to throw it down the toilet, the practice of putting it in a bin is no real hardship and seems natural to me. The reduction of waste going into my cassette also results in less frequent trips to the elsan point.

Edited by blackrose

No, your memory isn't serving you very well. My toilet works excellently, and like most macerator toilets the manufacturer's instructions do not restrict the use of toilet paper other than excessive amounts of high strength paper such as paper kitchen towels. However, based on my own experience of other macerator toilets I made the personal decision not to put toilet paper down it. Having lived in several Asian countries where either toilet paper is not generally present, or if toilet paper is present one is requested not to throw it down the toilet, the practice of putting it in a bin is no real hardship and seems natural to me. The reduction of waste going into my cassette also results in less frequent trips to the elsan point.

Yup,I've worked alot in SE Asia and I put the paper in a bin, too. It keeps the cassettes much cleaner as absolutely nothing gets left behind to clog it up.

The stink of one's own rotting sh*t every time you take a p*ss? :lol:

Edited by blackrose